Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,131 Posts
Believe it when I see it. Whether it's AEW or back to WWE, Punk coming back to the ring would be epic but I won't get my hopes up.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Believe it when I see it. Whether it's AEW or back to WWE, Punk coming back to the ring would be epic but I won't get my hopes up.
He made a comeback to the ring, or octagon if you prefer to call it that and his opponent legitimately tickled him while they fought and he did that on purpose and yes it was embarrassing as hell. Punk is a bitter over valued prick. He hates WWE so much yet would easily put that aside for a payday.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
This is the last stand for AEW, because if signing Punk & Bryan doesn't push the ratings through the roof then nothing ever will. For the people who still don't know how much ratings don't matter this should finally answer that question.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Vince is stupid if he would let both CM Punk and Bryan signing at AEW...

But well we might get a proper rival which might push WWE as well a bit

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Vince is stupid if he would let both CM Punk and Bryan signing at AEW...

But well we might get a proper rival which might push WWE as well a bit
That's assuming that there is a significant portion of lapsed fans who give a flying fuck about either of them. I'm honestly not sure that is actually the case. Especially regarding Danielson who wasn't providing any appreciable bump in numbers to SD even while being in a main event program. I think that it's a fair assumption that those like myself who are the most interested in seeing him work in new surroundings are likely already watching the show he is going to.

Punk is a bit of a wildcard because he has a very vocal fanbase but because he's been gone so long it's tough to gauge whether those vocal fans are predominantly gone from watching wrestling or are still there and already watching the shows.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
This is the last stand for AEW, because if signing Punk & Bryan doesn't push the ratings through the roof then nothing ever will. For the people who still don't know how much ratings don't matter this should finally answer that question.
Define through the roof. What is a large enough(sustainable) increase in viewership to be considered successful(target number)? How does not reaching that level spell soon for AEW or prove that ratings aren't important(I mean they really shouldn't be important to fans because they have no stake in the business side of it)?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Define through the roof. What is a large enough(sustainable) increase in viewership to be considered successful(target number)? How does not reaching that level spell soon for AEW or prove that ratings aren't important(I mean they really shouldn't be important to fans because they have no stake in the business side of it)?
*doom. And good question

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really don't get the CM Punk god like love. The guy was sloppy as hell in the ring. Had one of the worst looking elbow drops in the business. His mic skills are good. But just don't get the drooling over him.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Like WWE has survived on scrouging WCW, ECW, ROH and Impact talent, right?
WWE haven’t recently gone on record saying they want to be different from a particular company, then immediately start signing all the released talent or legends from the particular company!

That’s the point I’m getting at, unless you can tell me I’m wrong 🤔

·
Banned
327 Posts
WWE haven’t recently gone on record saying they want to be different from a particular company, then immediately start signing all the released talent or legends from the particular company!

Whether you're wrong or right, isn't the point. WWE has scrounged talent from all over the place.

·
Registered
970 Posts

Maybe they didn’t realise WWE was going to be so stupid and release some of the best talent they have? 😂

41 - 60 of 65 Posts