Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
If Punk is ready and he's serious enough for a proper return to the ring then so be it but I'll be completely honest, I'll hate aew that much more if he signs with them even if it was his decision, WWE is still the superior and larger platform if you want a bigger money match situation it's not just culminating a long anticipated feud with HHH but also potential programs with Roman, Seth, AJ, KO and so on it's not that dry over here.

Punk can train and shake the rust off, He's not a gym guy either so he will be fine either way.
At this stage a match with Triple H would awful. Trips is 52 and hasn't worked a singles match in over two years.

Roman is your money match. Then Seth. I'm sure he'd work some good B PPV or TV matches with Orton, Styles, Owens, Edge, Sheamus, Ziggler, Lashley, Zayn and McIntyre. But he's faced many of those before and they are all slowing down. After that there is nobody. Nearly all of the NXT call ups are busts. Plus he never really liked the WWE's booking approach and style of comedy.

In AEW he'd have guys like Darby, Sammy and Bucks bumping like crazy for him. Then you've got Omega, Miro, PAC, Black, Andrade, Archer, Cage, Page, Starks etc.

·
The legend never dies
4,436 Posts
Punk was never a fighter, i don't think its fair to say he lost value cause he couldn't make it in ufc. Brock didn't lose value when he got cut from the minnesota vikings.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Punk was never a fighter, i don't think its fair to say he lost value cause he couldn't make it in ufc. Brock didn't lose value when he got cut from the minnesota vikings.
People seem to think that because a pro wrestler gets proven to be an average professional fighter that it somehow negatively affects their credibility as a pro wrestler. I don't understand how a legitimate sport has anything to do with a completely staged and predetermined facsimile of a sport.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
It could all be just rumours that have gained legs. If it is true then I hope he goes with WWE.

AEW just seem to be scrounging ex WWE talent, despite them wanting to be the alternative.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
He missed his chance to return at the peak. He should have come back for All Out in 2019 which would've been the absolute biggest moment he could've been involved in. Now if it happened, it'd be big, but nowhere near as exciting as it could have been, and a ton of people are over it at this point.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Could WWE have blown their load in getting Cena and Goldberg scheduled early in anticipation of the Bryan/Punk/AEW double swipe?

If it does indeed happen, having a second major promotion is what's best for business. Great summer for wrestling fans!

·
Registered
390 Posts
He missed his chance to return at the peak. He should have come back for All Out in 2019 which would've been the absolute biggest moment he could've been involved in. Now if it happened, it'd be big, but nowhere near as exciting as it could have been, and a ton of people are over it at this point.
I agree. But for me Punk returning is not exciting... until he actually returns. At that point, I would be on board and marking 110%. I think most wrestling fans would be too.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I will see it until I believe it but I don't think Punk will be a in ring performer. He has a big ego and is a cancer so AEW don't need him.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It did because Brock did talk to the WWE after that about returning but Vince wanted him on a reduce pay because of the NFL failure. Hence why he went to NJPW and than the UFC both help him gain his value and then some(mostly UFC).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Could WWE have blown their load in getting Cena and Goldberg scheduled early in anticipation of the Bryan/Punk/AEW double swipe?

If it does indeed happen, having a second major promotion is what's best for business. Great summer for wrestling fans!
I don't know if Bryan will sign with AEW at all, I think he doesn't resign with WWE than he is likely going to work on his own likely more indy shows such as ROH, NWA and such while making the odd appearance in NJPW. I think the only full employer Bryan will sign with will be the WWE.

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
It really seems like Vince & co. really haven't that much interest in trying to bring Punk back in recent years, even with him saying he would listen to an offer from them.

Him returning to WWE seems like it's never gonna happen, especially after recent comments he made. The report says he's been in serious enough talks with AEW. It seems like if Punk is ever going to truly return, now is the time.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him even as a part time return, have him come in and have feuds from time to time, there are plenty of new talent that he's never competed with so would be cool to see, him full-time I don't see ever happening.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
I'd say just let him do what he feels necessary to get back in the ring even if it's part time.
I agree, there's no problem with it. I guess what I was trying to say is that he's never been a guy I cared much about but I recognized that he has very loyal fans who will be over the moon if he does indeed return to wrestling.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Vince would be an idiot if he lets Punk slip away to AEW. How many more talent is he going to hand AEW on a silver platter? FFS

21 - 40 of 63 Posts