Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
If he's returning then it's with the WWE. He did that talk show and has put over a few things about it. Time has healed a few wounds it seems. Plus they'll offer more money than Tony's dad.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
If he didn't go to the UFC, him negotiating anything would be a big deal.

Now? Not so much.
Its still a big deal.

Im not exactly a huge fan - but the pipebomb set the wrestling world on fire years ago. Fans chanting his name incessently monthts, years even after he left.

He's a fantastic promo. Good in ring too. Tons of drama about how he left, and the lawsuits, etc

Yeah if he were to return, wwe could make a huge deal out of it.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
He is my favourite of all time, but with how long he's been gone, it doesn't get me that hyped to know he will be 100% lower down the card than when he left. He lost a lot of value in the UFC, and he's mid 40's. If I felt this would be him going straight to the top of the food chain, I'd be hyped, because with the little time he likely has left, I wanna see him fight against the best of the best. But I just can't see them doing that. Hopefully he'd go to AEW, and face off against Cody/MJF.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I feel the ship has sailed. Unlike Edge and Cena, he doesn’t have the physical presence of a threat, on top of that we all know that it’s all an act with him after his ufc run so him coming out weighting 180lbs and wearing hoodies telling everyone how dangerous he is and how he can beat everyone just doesn’t have any effect.

He is surely slowed down and regressed in the ring by now and he is the same age that HHH was back when they were feuding and back then punk was talking to HBK and HHH as has beens , even didn’t want to fight HHH becuase he deemed him irrelevant.

Pretty much everything he would say , every shoot on the company or talent will feel fake or hypocritical and besides the initial 2-3 weeks where people will tune in just to see what he has to say and if he can go in the ring , after that he will just be another overpriced guy who doesn’t draw and no one will really care much about .

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Legitimately what is the point in being with AEW, it’s so bush league that it doesn’t matter. With WWE he can have a super good feud with Reigns and be presented as a mainstream talent. AEW is not mainstream.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If he goes to AEW, which is likely, it will give them a boost... Dunno if it will be ok the long run but it for sure will... And there is also Daniel Bryan.

So far besides Jericho and Moxley they don't have any big stars... But maybe with them it will get the main stream

·
Registered
453 Posts
Legitimately what is the point in being with AEW, it’s so bush league that it doesn’t matter. With WWE he can have a super good feud with Reigns and be presented as a mainstream talent. AEW is not mainstream.
And then? Everyone else in WWE has been used up or abused to nothingness. Raw just was coming off a PPV and had Cena's return and still couldn't break 2 million. WWE's "way" is broken. Until that changes nothing changes.

·
Registered
304 Posts
If he goes to AEW, which is likely, it will give them a boost... Dunno if it will be ok the long run but it for sure will... And there is also Daniel Bryan.

So far besides Jericho and Moxley they don't have any big stars... But maybe with them it will get the main stream
Neither Jericho nor Moxley were ever THE guy. I don't really consider either of them BIG stars. Stars yes. Jericho's status is based more on seniority, but he never really put asses in seats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
He should stay away. Overrated anyways..one promo and people think he is still a big deal? Nah ship has sailed just like his ufc career and he is a pita to work with..

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Narcissist CM punk trying to steal Jay White's and Omega's thunder. He know's they're about to change the game.

Everytime something big happens in wrestling he makes a dramatic tweet out of the blue after a long time of no activity and hints about returning to the ring only to draw attention to himself.

He's like the pathetic Conor McGregor. Besides, have you seen that dude lately? Worth the $$$ but as for as entertaient goes.......Pass.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If he's returning then it's with the WWE. He did that talk show and has put over a few things about it. Time has healed a few wounds it seems. Plus they'll offer more money than Tony's dad.
Yeah I think he could using AEW to get a better deal with the WWE, maybe not money wise but more less dates, creative freedom with storylines etc etc.

·
Registered
23,520 Posts
You know right the show he was on was not affiliated with WWE? It was with Fox before WWE had the Fox deal

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
17,765 Posts
If Punk is ready and he's serious enough for a proper return to the ring then so be it but I'll be completely honest, I'll hate aew that much more if he signs with them even if it was his decision, WWE is still the superior and larger platform if you want a bigger money match situation it's not just culminating a long anticipated feud with HHH but also potential programs with Roman, Seth, AJ, KO and so on it's not that dry over here.

Punk can train and shake the rust off, He's not a gym guy either so he will be fine either way.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts