Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...sucked. He wasn't funny, didn't add much, and ruined the flow of the commentary. Usually, he's good. But maybe he should stick to doing NXT and Superstars.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
No he didn't, he was funny and flowed very nicely.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Well, it was something of a trainwreck at times. Lawler speaks up just enough to be an annoyance, and with him and Punk now vying for time in which they can squeeze a few words around Michael Cole's monologues to himself, it's not surprising the results were less than mellifluous.

That said, he was still fairly funny in his own quirky way. A subdued Punk trying to find his footing is still funnier than the ol' vet Lawler still stuck on autopilot.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I thought Punk was much more enjoyable to listen to than Lawler. Couldn't help but laugh at him chuckling at the woman crying after Cena's speech.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
...sucked. He wasn't funny, didn't add much, and ruined the flow of the commentary. Usually, he's good. But maybe he should stick to doing NXT and Superstars.
Punk can do no wrong here even if he was actually atrocious he'd still be praised - I'll be honest it was alright I found a few remarks kind of "heh" worth but he'll have to get more into the swing of things with jerry there

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Nah, I liked him. It wasn't his best, sure, but he's always enjoyable.

Nobody can honestly tell me BRIE BELLA IS A 4 AT BEST wasn't funny. Finally somebody rips apart those fugly twins.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I just love his whole approach.

Everything he says is dripping in sarcasm and double meaning. I'm really hoping him and Jeff do Superstars again this week.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I thought he was really good on commentary. He's the best mic worker on Raw, so it doesn't make sense for the WWE to keep him at home. Let him Color Commentate where he pretty much says whatever he wants.

You think someone fed him that under the influence line about Alex Riley? That was great!

He has experience doing it in the indies, so it's a win-win! He can only get better.

I like the fact that Punk actually talks about the match going on in the ring and he tells King and Cole that they should be doing the same!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I LOL'd when he commented on Riley's willingness to face Zeke.

"Is he under the influence?"

zing.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well, it was something of a trainwreck at times. Lawler speaks up just enough to be an annoyance, and with him and Punk now vying for time in which they can squeeze a few words around Michael Cole's monologues to himself, it's not surprising the results were less than mellifluous.

That said, he was still fairly funny in his own quirky way. A subdued Punk trying to find his footing is still funnier than the ol' vet Lawler still stuck on autopilot.
Agreed. Punk is better when he´s above things and can make fun of the show or the wrestlers instead of advertising them.
He was still funny, though, and unlike Lawler, was actually focusing on the in-ring action.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a typical fan boy, I thought he was great. What the problem was though was the 3 man team. They didn't click well as a unit, kept interrupting each other and I also found it hard to differentiate between when Cole was talking and when Punk was on occasion.

It makes little sense to have a tweener-going-on-heel commentator with just a heel commentator - but I think Jerry is the weak link and should be removed.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
eh, each to his own. i for one found him pretty funny.

the alex riley under the influence thing, the constant "but Cena's FIRED?!", Brie Bella being a 4, him constantly saying "yeah, and i'm so good at this!", all of it was good stuff. i hope he's back next week and delivering his usual material.

·
Few adventures require staying home
7,725 Posts
I though he did a pretty good job. This is only his 3rd appearance commentating that I can think of and I think he'll get better and better as the weeks go by.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Kinda weird that i assume he thinks Lita is 10 yet Brie Bella is only 4 at best?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Lita is mixed. She either looks REALLY good, or REALLY bad. There's no inbetween whatsoever, but when she looks good she's way hotter than somebody like the Bellas. They always look like turds.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Kinda weird that i assume he thinks Lita is 10 yet Brie Bella is only 4 at best?
he said he thought Alicia Fox was a 9.8
i think we all know what that means....

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Lita is mixed. She either looks REALLY good, or REALLY bad. There's no inbetween whatsoever, but when she looks good she's way hotter than somebody like the Bellas. They always look like turds.
You nailed it 100%, on both things. Well stated.

For my part, I found CM Punk hilarious all night. And I was far from the only person laughing away consistently in the Raw thread. His dry snide comments and dismissals were hilarious. Every time he feigned not knowing who a person was or said a name wrong it was pure entertainment. The guy is a natural.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts