Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Nodq

- CM Punk spoke with The Toronto Sun to promote tonight's WWE RAW Supershow. Here are some highlights:

People's view of him:
"There are some people who think CM Punk would have been a mid-carder in the Attitude Era. They have this predetermined assessment of me. I don’t know if it’s jealousy. I don’t have six-pack abs and I can’t benchpress 400 pounds. I can’t believe I have to step over people to get their attention. They have an antiquated way of seeing things. I’m trying to save this business."

His mic work:
"When I talk, my design is to piss somebody off. I’m not just saying, ‘you’re bald,’ or ‘you’re ugly.’ Doing this is ingrained in my DNA. It’s 100% mine, all me. Half of the stuff I know off the top of my head, the other half I come up with when I’m out there. The best stuff is always the kneejerk reaction. It helps when you get somebody great to work with. I don’t know if it’s something you can teach. (As a kid) I didn’t walk around with a pretend plastic microphone, but I was never afraid of talking back. I used to get the crap beat out of me. But people would tire out from punching me in the face before I would stop talking back."

What's left for him?
"I’m running out of goals. No. 1 with a bullet would be main eventing Wrestlemania. Winning a Royal Rumble would be a feather in my cap. And I’ve never won the U.S. title, so look out Dolph Ziggler."
This last part caught my attention. Please no. Is this what is going to happen with Punk?

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
This last part caught my attention. Please no. Is this what is going to happen with Punk?
Working a program with Dolph would be fine. Not at the moment, but I don't think it would be a problem if it happened some time next year. Helping elevate someone new is the only way to make the WWE product interesting again, and I think Punk is in a position to do that now.

It can't always be Cena/Miz/Punk/ADR. At some point Punk is going to have to look to mid-carders to feud with, just for something different.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that. At the point he is he'd only bring prestige to the belt, plus he's involved in a bigger storyline now that will no doubt lead him to the WWE Title.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Some people might see it as a step down for Punk, but as a glass half-full guy, it would be more of a step up for Dolph and the US Title. Part of me thinks he's just throwing that out there for something to talk about, but I wouldn't mind seeing it if it meant the US Title got a healthy program.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Je-sus. What a windbag.
Punk is the most talented guy in WWE, but his ego is out of control. I mean, he is truly, deeply in love with himself.
'I'm trying to save this business.'
This man needs to understand the concept of modesty, or he'll always come across like a pretentious, pompous bore whose head is wedged between his ass cheeks.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Source: Nodq

Very ...tight or narrow thinking call it what ever you call it .. coz the matter of fact that punk bieng a US champion makes the title legit again!

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I think he was joking about the US title part, guys. That said, he's a main eventer that can elevate others to get to that level as well. Miz is still a main eventer but is not on the scene because it is crowded at the moment.

·
Premium Member
11,816 Posts
I doubt he's going to get a program for the US Title; it's just a passing statement because he's never won the title.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Awww come on you guys. It can't be THAT bad.:lmao

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

"This guy is not a draw people get over it. His story is like an episode of MTV's "Made" ('I want to go from geek, to professional wrestler')"

Spot on.
I used to get the crap beat out of me. But people would tire out from punching me in the face

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
cm punks promo really wasn't that great
Steve Austin: @CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen.
Someone begs to differ :flip

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
:lmao Butthurt Rocky marks strike again.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Wow, what a delusional idiot, guys with this attitude are a cancer to the wrestling business, clearly believes too much in his own hype.
That's the most idiotic thing I've read. Bar nothing.

I can't even fathom the logic behind that. A man trying to improve something is 'cancerous' as you put it? Fucking hell. I just imagine you taking up a career in science or something. How dare anyone ever try to change things for the sake of progress! Yeah!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

"This guy is not a draw people get over it. His story is like an episode of MTV's "Made" ('I want to go from geek, to professional wrestler')"

Spot on.
You should get a new gimmick because that one got old and boring a long time ago.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think you guys are missing the point about the US title, even if it was a joke - If Punk establishes himself as a top star then anyone and any title he works with will instantly gain more credibility which is a good thing. Certainly makes a change from having your top guy just beat everyone and win the WWE title over and over again

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
That's the most idiotic thing I've read. Bar nothing.

I can't even fathom the logic behind that. A man trying to improve something is 'cancerous' as you put it? Fucking hell. I just imagine you taking up a career in science or something. How dare anyone ever try to change things for the sake of progress! Yeah!
Just stop questioning it and instead feel glad that you're one of very few intelligent people in this forum. It'll make these discussions easier.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts