Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted on another site. I thought it would be a good read for you guys. It actually sounds like a really good idea, and I would be in support of it.

Cm Punk + Nexus = Not just coincidence? Rate this Entry
Excellent Good Average Bad Terrible 6 Comments by
CMhuw24

View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles on 01-26-2011 at 01:29 PM (1315 Views)

Well for a while now ive been thinking about why CM Punk would join Nexus and/or why Nexus would let him, and it got me thinking, but there have been a few things that i beleive could show that CM Punk wasent just randomly added too the Nexus.
Here are some weird thing they had/have in common.

1. Nexus debuted through a match between CM Punk vs John Cena?

2. It was after Nexus debuted the SES storyline began to sink (but i highly doubt that was planned as injuries and departures ruined that stable)

3. Darren Young was never liked by CM Punk during NXT1 and he was the first member to be kicked out by Nexus?

4. When Nexus went to SD! with Otunga leading them they never harmed CM Punk.

5. When SD! debuted on SyFi they once again never harmed CM Punk but attacked most of the other members, including Big Show, and if we all remember was it not Big Show that kayfabe destroyed the SES?

6. When Wade Barret got moved to SD! he attacked BIg Show straight away, maybe was this CM Punks way of revenge for destroying his SES?

7. CM Punk moved to Raw and was fully recovered by the time Nexus needed a revival?

8. Was it not the Undertaker that humiliated Punk back in 2009 and took the WHC off him? Well that could well explain the Nexus helping Kane burying the Undertaker at Survivor Series.

Now im not saying these were all planned, but i beleive if WWE wanted to explain why CM Punk joined the Nexus i beleive they could show that he was the leader of all this the entire time and he had always wanted to cause Cena hell? Would that not be an awesome storyline for CM Punk vs Cena if they were to feud to WM? I know this may sound a bit silly but i beleive WWE could show it all so the veiwers all understand.

But ofcourse for this to happen we have to see Wade Barrett reveiel that maybe CM Punk was always the leader. While i know this probably wont happen i beleive it would be awesome to see that it was CM Punk ruining Cenas life for the last half a year.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
That would suck. Barrett would be turned into a lackey, and Punk would just get buried by Cena in the end. If Punk has to job to the stars as usual, that's fine. But to drag Barrett down with him is not.

·
Rated PG
3,485 Posts
That would suck. Barrett would be turned into a lackey, and Punk would just get buried by Cena in the end. If Punk has to job to the stars as usual, that's fine. But to drag Barrett down with him is not.
Why is that fine? He has been jobbing for the last year, he has paid his dues.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
No thanks. They should definitely push Punk, but not in expense of the entire Nexus and Corre, it won't be worth it. =/

·
Registered
844 Posts
Almost all makes sense (not so sure about the Barrett attacking Big Show thing) but I think you're reading too deeply into this. CM Punk is the leader of Nexus because he is. That's it as far as Creative are concerned in my estimation.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
My feeling at the time was that when Punk cut that promo at The Slammys he was talking about Wade Barrett rahter than Cena. When he took over from Matt Striker at TLC the theory was solidified in my mind, Punk's subsequent Nexus takeover has weakened it my mind but not taken it away completely. It is entirely possible that Cena and Punk are actually working together to destroy Nexus from without and within, Cena has shown that he's not above these kind of tactics in the past as proven by the Bret/Vince storyline last year.

The biggest problem as I see it is how to keep Punk heel should this be the case, I feel that Punk needs to remain so. Having him work both with Cena to destroy Nexus while also secretly work agaisnt him would really solidify him as a master manipulator who will do anything to acchieve his goals.

·
#StayClassyWF
1,085 Posts
If you check my sig, I actually came up with a similar premise for an angle like this soon after Punk joined Nexus.

I think if WWE really wanted to make Punk the bigger picture, and claim he was all along, they could do it quite easily.

Punk was the Pro to Darren Young on NXT Season 1. He had interaction with every Rookie on the show. He could in theory have been appalled at how the Rookies were treated and recruited them for an attack on WWE.

On the April 2nd edition of Smackdown, Kane faced the eight NXT rookies in a Handicap match and won by DQ. WWE could claim Kane was impressed at the fact the Rookies had the courage to face him and then attack him like they did.

Punk had his head shaved by Rey Mysterio at Over The Limit nine days prior to NXT Season 1 ending. This could have added to Punk's motivation to attack WWE.

Punk throughout his third World Heavyweight Championship reign feuded with Undertaker. He could in kayfabe, never truly beat the Undertaker - beating him by "submission" and then losing the title at Hell In A Cell. This led to Punk developing an obsession with beating the Undertaker.

The edition of Smackdown after the Finale of NXT Season 1 was the announcement of the attack on Undertaker. Kane would accuse Punk of the attack, all the while knowing it was Kane who attacked him. Both Kane and Punk have never been seen as equals to Taker, so they could have came to an agreement that they should take out the Undertaker.

The following Monday Night on Raw, the Nexus debuted as a faction in a brutal attack on WWE Champion John Cena and the WWE. The motivation for this attack was given by Barrett as "part of a bigger picture". We all know what the Nexus have done, so I'm not going to chronicle every little bit of their history, but there are some key points.
On the night of the original attack, Punk was attacked by Nexus as well as Cena. Punk could say that he let them attack him as well so that their plan could continue. Punk could say he was never supposed to be in the ring with Cena that night, but the fans voted him in, meaning he had to become a victim for his own cause.
Within two weeks of their debut, The Nexus had taken out Vince McMahon. Now if you remember, Punk was briefly aligned with Vince prior to Breaking Point, but Vince abandoned him after Hell In A Cell following Punk's title loss. Given Punk's recent attitude of getting even, couldn't he have ordered the attack on Vince for revenge?
The first member of Nexus who was kicked out by Barrett on TV was Darren Young, Punk's NXT rookie, who Punk never liked. Punk could have put up with Young but after Young's several failures, he WOULD order an attack on Young.
The Nexus have faced Big Show on Smackdown in a 5-on-1 Handicap match. They, in kayfabe, inflicted so much pain on Show that they made him tap out. Given Punk's feud with Show, again, Punk would order revenge on Show.
Evan Bourne had a few run-in's with Nexus. Immediately on his Raw debut, CM Punk brutally attacked Bourne and injured him.

I think I've established that Punk and Nexus would seem to have had a similar goal several times. But why would they attack both Taker and Cena? And why did I link Punk/Kane/Nexus together?

Punk/Kane/Nexus all have their reasons to take out the Undertaker. Punk due to his obsession with not being able to beat him, which even continued following Taker's return. Kane has always been the weaker brother, but he has now become the Devil's favourite demon. Nexus would want to take out Taker due in part to Punk's orders, but also for their reputation, to be known as the men that took out the Undertaker.

At Bragging Rights, CM Punk was a member of Team Raw. He faced off in the Smackdown-vs-Raw match against both his rivals, Big Show and Rey Mysterio.

However, prior to that match, Kane and Nexus buried the Undertaker alive. Nexus were ordered by Punk to help Kane bury him so that Punk would never have to face Undertaker again.

The main reason that Nexus were ordered to keep continously attacking Cena by Punk, due to Punk's hatred of Cena's two-faced morality.

All of this could either lead to these matches at Wrestlemania:

CM Punk & Wade Barrett v The Undertaker & John Cena (if the Undertaker is not fit enough)
Punk/Kane v Taker/Cena
Barrett v Punk v Cena AND Undertaker v Kane.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They already gave as much reason as WWE writers are gonna think about as to why Punk joined Nexus, he did it...for Batista.

Nexus hates Cena, Punk hates Cena for what he did to Batista, Nexus is having some problems taking Cena out, Punk offers to help Nexus, they team up and Punk is part of Nexus.

If Barrett was really part of Nexus with Punk leading, I don't think they'd have Punk cost Barrett the wwe title match

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Number 3, on how Darren was the first member kicked out, he wasn't, it was Daniel Bryan, which raises another kayfabe problem, why would Punk allow Bryan to be kicked out?

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
new nexus is shit, cm punk is just copying his straight edge society gimmick he had on smackdown. He has no ideas or creativity so he has just come up with the same old shit thinking people won't notice because people from raw don't watch smackdown.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Punk throughout his third World Heavyweight Championship reign feuded with Undertaker. He could in kayfabe, never truly beat the Undertaker - beating him by "submission" and then losing the title at Hell In A Cell. This led to Punk developing an obsession with beating the Undertaker.
This could be a good way to set up a WM story with Punk Vs Taker.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Hows that fine? Punk's the most talented mic worker on the rooster and should stay on the level that he is for the rest of the year

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cena's opponent in the debut night of Nexus was chosen by a voting (Viewer's Choice), and it was fairly obvious Mysterio was supposed to win, so that Nexus would've beaten up to big faces. But surprisingly Punk won, and when the beating started, he just had to be tossed aside. I don't think it has anything to do with Nexus.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think people have had a lot of similar ideas. I would love for things to move as they are going now and CM Punk to bury John Cena which will turn Punk int o an unstoppable heel. Sadly the wwe won't do that as we all know

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
WWE creative just doesn't offer up convuluted explanations like that. If we (the diehard fanbase) piece it together for ourselves, then that's just how it exists to us.

They keep it simple for the sake of casual fans though. I don't see them ever revealing anymore in terms of Punk's motivation or backstory.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
No. Maybe if the original Nexus was still intact, it would fit. But the new group is completely different. And I'm all for pushing Punk, just not by making guys with potential value his lackeys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts