Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not only cause he's great at playing the psychotic leader of Nexus and claims to always have a plan, but because I think if the WWE wanted he could be responsible for turning the WWE's white knight (Cena) heel. Orton is like the Batman/"dark knight" here and will be incorruptible.

:p

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
To me he seems more similar to Magneto because he seems to always have followers and he has a very strong faith in what he believes.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Nah. Punk might be a psycho, but almost everything he does is justifiable. Such is hardly the case for the Joker.

They are both the best characters in their respective fields, however. Unfortunately, John Cena and Orton are shitstains compared to Batman.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Nobody in WWE can ever be like the greatest comicbook villian of all time, The Joker, and CM Punk is definetely not like him. I don't even know why people think that, he dosen't act like him at all.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nah. Punk might be a psycho, but almost everything he does is justifiable. Such is hardly the case for the Joker.

They are both the best characters in their respective fields, however. Unfortunately, John Cena and Orton are shitstains compared to Batman.
spot on man.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I'll accept riddler if we really have to go through with this.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I was thinking more...

Based on looks.
Jim Carrey looked terrible there. They should have been embarrassed to release a Batman movie with a main character looking like that.

I think this thread was already made about Orton being Batman and Cena being Superman a while back. I guess that would make the rest of Nexus the Joker squad like in that New Batman cartoon tv show from the late 90's.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Jim Carrey looked terrible there. They should have been embarrassed to release a Batman movie with a main character looking like that.

I think this thread was already made about Orton being Batman and Cena being Superman a while back. I guess that would make the rest of Nexus the Joker squad like in that New Batman cartoon tv show from the late 90's.
Well actually I remember last year, there was a thread saying John Cena and Randy Orton are like Batman and Joker as well. Funny how all of a sudden CM Punk is like Joker.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Well actually I remember last year, there was a thread saying John Cena and Randy Orton are like Batman and Joker as well. Funny how all of a sudden CM Punk is like Joker.
It was probably the same exact guy or a person that really liked that thread LOL. It's funny how we don't forget this thread from a while back but people recycle threads or ideas like this that were nothing worth mentioning in the first place. I get that theres comic book fans that might enjoy thinking about it like this but I'm not one of them.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Okay it's my turn, Sting is like Joker he wears face paint!

No seriously, I see no similarity between Punk and Joker. Punks motives are understandable and some sort of right in his own way.
The Joker is just living to create chaos without any reason.
Like someone said before he is more comparable to Magneto, Punk is fighting for the right thing in a corrupted way.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Okay it's my turn, Sting is like Joker he wears face paint!

No seriously, I see no similarity between Punk and Joker. Punks motives are understandable and some sort of right in his own way.
The Joker is just living to create chaos without any reason.
Like someone said before he is more comparable to Magneto, Punk is fighting for the right thing in a corrupted way.
You might as well say Punk is like Malcolm X, since Magento is based off of Malcolm X. But I wouldn't go that far tbh

·
Registered
844 Posts
Why is this thread so serious??

ok i'll leave

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Punk and Joker are not alike at all, aside from having followers no one cares about...

Though...

Not only that but Punk hasn't come across as psychotic in any way. Orton hasn't either. To be honest I find Punk boring. He talks and talks and doesn't really seem to care about what he's saying. He has a decent vocabulary and an aptitude for using it, but there's not much behind it...But he's charismatic, I suppose : p

Another honest comment, in kayfabe I actually hate the Nexus followers more than I do Punk. Actually, I hate Mason Ryan* more than I do Punk. Otunga and Mcguillicutty come in and get whipped, then Mason Ryan comes in, hits a clothesline or something like it and that's about it for any fighting back. He's annoying because he's a heel, and he comes in and actually foils the face. Charismatic? No. Does he serve his purpose/role? Yes.

My apathy towards Punk is probably due to the booking more than anything. He has the potential to reap the benefits of his followers getting the advantage, but he gets headbutted or hides under the ring, or does something else cowardly and it just makes him look weaker than his group. Stupid, stupid.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I think the WWE would benefit from a Joker-like character. Not a direct copycat, but similar traits. I'd have him feud with Vince and somehow steal all his money and try to fuck the WWE up just to prove how much chaos he can cause. It'd be epic if they did it right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts