Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yawning during a few spots in the match last night. Then rolling his eyes when they were all in the ring raising there hands. Even the last few weeks. He takes these shots at wrestlers for things they do which he is currently doing. Hes come out the last 3 weeks with maybe the weakest pops of the night. He basically says the same thing. He changes a few words around to make it fresh but its the same thing. And..he isn't even that great in the ring. He is above average and does the SAME systematic move set like everyone else. Yet, he will get his pipe bomb and call out wrestlers on there craft. And what is frustrating is the fans are eating this shit up! I just don't understand. What match can you point out that says "damn this guy is a top tier pro wrestler?" or what main event did he help generate tickets for? Maybe 1? He's an over rated indy wrestler with the thought that he is better than he actually is. Cena is the phony? Jesus..this dude can't even go a few months without getting buried and dropping down the ladder.

At this point..just have glass shatter when he comes out.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Everyone has 5 moves of doom. I'm not a fan of CM Punk but he's apparently beating John Cena in merchandise sales so in the words of the great one, "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT GURUOFMARKNESS THINKS!" Now watch the CM Punk pole riders come in to defend him by bashing you despite the fact he'll never read it.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
The thing is in ring he is one of the best and out of the ring he is one of the best, in the company especially with his ROH and I don't think anyone can doubt his ability at all! thing is WWE are not using his in ring ability and are instead letting him do more mic work.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Even as a face in '07 he was an asshole at times, just not as much in the ring. But it's his character so I don't have a problem with it.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
CM Punk being a disinterested ass during that tag match made him the second best guy on the face team. At least it made sense for Punk not to care. Cena and Air Boom were the ones who acted like they might as well be sleeping.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yawning during a few spots in the match last night. Then rolling his eyes when they were all in the ring raising there hands. Even the last few weeks. He takes these shots at wrestlers for things they do which he is currently doing. Hes come out the last 3 weeks with maybe the weakest pops of the night. He basically says the same thing. He changes a few words around to make it fresh but its the same thing. And..he isn't even that great in the ring. He is above average and does the SAME systematic move set like everyone else. Yet, he will get his pipe bomb and call out wrestlers on there craft. And what is frustrating is the fans are eating this shit up! I just don't understand. What match can you point out that says "damn this guy is a top tier pro wrestler?" or what main event did he help generate tickets for? Maybe 1? He's an over rated indy wrestler with the thought that he is better than he actually is. Cena is the phony? Jesus..this dude can't even go a few months without getting buried and dropping down the ladder.

At this point..just have glass shatter when he comes out.
True, Punk does get horrible pops. Noone in the crowd even stood up yesterday when his music hit. I wonder why that is if he is as over as people say he is

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Not saying this because I like him but I'm pretty sure Punk got a really good pop last night and some chants when he entered the match.

I might have been watching an older match before Raw and that's what I'm thinking of, but I think it was the 12 man.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CM Punk has always been an asshole...how have you not already known this?
Its one thing to have that persona to build a character and such. But to do cheap bush league stuff like yawning, saying certain wrestler are boring or "phony". Its hypocritical and worse thing is he is doing the same thing he shit on Cena for. He is 100% going Austins route to the top.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
Its one thing to have that persona to build a character and such. But to do cheap bush league stuff like yawning, saying certain wrestler are boring or "phony". Its hypocritical and worse thing is he is doing the same thing he shit on Cena for. He is 100% going Austins route to the top.
Of course it is, but he's ALWAYS been that way. This is not something new for Punk. That, of course, doesn't excuse it. I'm just surprised you haven't noticed this before now.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Even as a face in '07 he was an asshole at times, just not as much in the ring. But it's his character so I don't have a problem with it.
:O You're a mod now?!

But to be on topic, hasn't he ALWAYS been an asshole? Isn't that his whole appeal?

·
Banned
5,374 Posts
People bore me with the Punk/Austn comparisons. Quit living in the past and either love or hate Punk, but the constant comparisons are getting pretty pathetic.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts