Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember when CM Punk confronted Kevin Nash for the first time...and Punk threatened to kick Nash's ass but was stopped by security?
In the back of your mind...did you truly believe that CM Punk could kick Kevin Nash's ass if the security didn't get in the way?

I know Nash is in his early 50's. But fact is, CM Punk was confronting a pissed off, 7 foot, 300 pound man? Quad jokes aside, he's still a damn giant.
When they're in the ring together, CM Punk can threaten Nash all he wants but do the fans at home...the casual fan who sits back and watches closely really think that CM Punk can beat up Kevin Nash?

Shouldn't the fans be worried about what this guy would do to new babyface Punk. Theoretically, Punk's an underdog, but he doesn't act like one. He has no sympathy. He's just a guy, who shoots and makes threats. He marches to the ring and talks about how he's gonna kick a 7 foot monsters ass. Who exactly buys that?

In a feud based on realism, Punk-Nash isn't very believable...

...and let me clarify one thing. I like Punk. He's a great wrestler and a great promo guy. He deserves the spot he's in and I couldn't be happier for the guy. And I'm not turning on him because he's a good guy now. I'm not turning on him at all. I still enjoy watching him.
this is just something I wanna know...

...In a feud based on realism, is it believable that CM Punk can beat Kevin Nash?

·
Registered
476 Posts
No. He can't reach Nash's head, and he can't take him down. He's too big. But this is a fantasy show.
LOL! CM Punk beating up Nash is almost laughable, but saying "he can't take him down" is the dumbest shit ever. It is easier to take down a taller person than it is a smaller person. This is coming from someone who has done Muay Thai and Jui Jitsu for many, many years.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
totally believable in my opinion, Punks martial arts background has been sold greatly, last week when he did finally get his hands on him he attacked him with kicks, to a well known weak point of Nash, his legs, I also think it helps make Punk look ballsy, although I believe Punk could kick Nash's ass I also believe Nash could kill him if he gets his hands on him, thats why it appeals, Punk is risking it all because it's the right thing to do

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
NASSSH WUD TARE HIZ QUADZZZ HUR HUR HUR.

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Yes he can

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Nash is old and almost crippled with multiple injuries. Punk may not take him down, but he can beat him down if possible.
Yeah, this is how I feel. Kevin Nash is such a physical wreck that he herniated two discs just sitting down to take a dump, and tore his anterior cruciate ligament standing up again. This probably isn't true, but it could be.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
It's amazing how many people think size and strength is the ultimate deciding factor in who wins in a fight. In a real fight between a strong and big, but slow, lumbering 52 year old, and a fast, agile 33 year old with a martial arts background........yeah my money'd be on Punk.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Of course it look ridiculous, even when he gave him punches on SD. his kicks look weak and he's skinny.

Give me a break...

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
I think it's very believable. Wrestling has given us underdog stories for years, many in which the underdog himself has been successful in the end. In this story the underdog (if you even deem him such) is portrayed as being very well trained and is known to be young and capable, whereas the opponent is known to be an old man with a history of leg injuries.

If Nash wasn't dying his hair, people wouldn't be asking this question. With that in mind, Kevin Nash is currently the greatest advertisement for hair dye in the world.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If Rey can bring Bigshow down on his knees then CM Punk can also bring Nash down on his knees. After all the fact is, bigger is not always better. Faster can be better.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
He would attack his knees first like he did on Smackdown.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Remember when CM Punk confronted Kevin Nash for the first time...and Punk threatened to kick Nash's ass but was stopped by security?
In the back of your mind...did you truly believe that CM Punk could kick Kevin Nash's ass if the security didn't get in the way?

I know Nash is in his early 50's. But fact is, CM Punk was confronting a pissed off, 7 foot, 300 pound man? Quad jokes aside, he's still a damn giant.
When they're in the ring together, CM Punk can threaten Nash all he wants but do the fans at home...the casual fan who sits back and watches closely really think that CM Punk can beat up Kevin Nash?

Shouldn't the fans be worried about what this guy would do to new babyface Punk. Theoretically, Punk's an underdog, but he doesn't act like one. He has no sympathy. He's just a guy, who shoots and makes threats. He marches to the ring and talks about how he's gonna kick a 7 foot monsters ass. Who exactly buys that?

In a feud based on realism, Punk-Nash isn't very believable...

...and let me clarify one thing. I like Punk. He's a great wrestler and a great promo guy. He deserves the spot he's in and I couldn't be happier for the guy. And I'm not turning on him because he's a good guy now. I'm not turning on him at all. I still enjoy watching him.
this is just something I wanna know...

...In a feud based on realism, is it believable that CM Punk can beat Kevin Nash?
I'll put it to you like this..if Benoit said he was gonna kick Nash's ass, the crowd would of believed it because that what Benoit did..he kicked your ass and he did it ruthless aggression. And he damn sure isn't anywhere near Nash's size.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts