Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about this. Cena could get hurt before Wrestle Mania. The WWE needs a backup plan. What better way to do this than push a fan favorite or create a new fan favorite. CM Punk is hot at the moment. I honestly see CM Punk and The Rock having better promos. I don't think the WWE would choose Randy Orton, but then again you know Vince loves his non-drawing Orton. I think even Vince maybe smart enough to realize that Orton vs The Rock is not good.

·
Banned
17 Posts
CM Punk Vs The Rock won't happen,Ever

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
No. If Cena were badly injured, Rock's opponent would be either Orton (as Orton is the #2 babyface and has some history with Rock from the Evolution days) or Undertaker (since they've never had a WM match and Undertaker needs a legit opponent). Or they'd simply put Rock's match off until the following year.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Think about this. Cena could get hurt before Wrestle Mania. The WWE needs a backup plan. What better way to do this than push a fan favorite or create a new fan favorite. CM Punk is hot at the moment. I honestly see CM Punk and The Rock having better promos. I don't think the WWE would choose Randy Orton, but then again you know Vince loves his non-drawing Orton. I think even Vince maybe smart enough to realize that Orton vs The Rock is not good.
Outside of Cena does anyone in the WWE even really draw?

·
Banned
1,502 Posts

If you're talking about full-time people, however, then no. Not really, unless you consider Punk selling merchandise like a maniac as "drawing."
I'm talking about full time guys, Taker isn't around enough to make an impact and Triple H hasn't been around much until recently. Even then he wasn't the same kind of star as Stone Cold and The Rock.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,084 Posts
Rock Vs Taker would own.

O.T: i bet punk will get shipped to Smackdown next year and they'll buil that brand around him.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I'd say this is actually a pretty good call. I doubt it is a real reason for pushing him, but the fact that he has called out 'dwayne' a bunch of times makes for an easy plug-in, if something were to happen to cena. And for whoever said they would just save rock for next year- no chance. This guy is wrestling come hell or high water this year, i'm sure he has organized his schedule to appear, who knows what his movie plans for the next year would be. If vince yanked him from the card, it would be a disaster.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I all for it mother fuck if this happen
CM Punk vs The Rock 2012 summerslam

but come on,John cena is the first one that The Great one need to kick his ass

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I like the idea of Undertaker vs. Rock as the backup plan in case Cena gets injured. That's more of a Wrestlemania caliber match than Punk vs. Rock. If Cena vs. Rock can't happen because Cena gets injured, then I'm hoping for Undertaker vs. Rock.

Punk vs. Rock could take place at Summerslam next year, and I think it will.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Hell no, Punk is not a star or even a name in the wrestling business,
if Cena gets hurt before WM? they got Taker, HHH, Orton or even Austin and HBK.
fpalm You seriously have some nonsensical hate for Punk for some reason. I understand if you just don't like the guy but you don't have to go overboard with stupid statements like that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts