·
The Man Comes Around
8,498 Posts
after 8 years out the icture the ring rust will be very strong i agree

still wondering how the locker room relation with Colt will work also

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Isn't he well past his prime now? He may have wasted some potential years when he walked away, but its been so long now. Can he still go?

·
Butter My Arse
12,129 Posts
Isn't he well past his prime now? He may have wasted some potential years when he walked away, but its been so long now. Can he still go?
Punk may seem ancient but he’s still only going to be 43 in October. He’ll have ring rust sure but I’m sure he’ll be on a strict training regime and if Edge can come back after a near ten year absence (and a few years older at that) then no reason Punk can. He will always have his promos as well, he was one of the best back in his prime.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
The 'can he still go' question is very relevant. I don't think a pro wrestler loses his instincts - look at how long Edge and Christian were away. If Punk trains hard for a return, my feeling is he'll still be really good. But they should be wary about throwing him straight into an 'omg, this will be a five star match!' feud.

Age-wise, I don't see a problem. He's 42, which really isn't that old in pro wrestling if you're not banged up. Lashley is 45, Orton is 41, Nakamura is 41, Finn Balor is (just about) 40, Lesnar is 44, Archer is 44. Tanahashi is 44, AJ is 44, Sheamus is 43. So a lot of top class talents are in that age range.

·
Registered
I'm WHAT IT IS!
171 Posts
CM Punk's been out of wrestling for YEARS! Is it like riding a bicycle, you never forget? Or will he have ring rust?

He's a big star and would be a great signing for AEW.

Like Vince Russo said you can have "a-list" Hollywood actors in Jack and Jill, without creative the movie will still suck.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
CM Punk's been out of wrestling for YEARS! Is it like riding a bicycle, you never forget? Or will he have ring rust?

He's a big star and would be a great signing for AEW.

Like Vince Russo said you can have "a-list" Hollywood actors in Jack and Jill, without creative the movie will still suck.
Like WCW and TNA failed under Russo. He didn't need an analogy. He's a living proof of that statement.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
after 8 years out the icture the ring rust will be very strong i agree

still wondering how the locker room relation with Colt will work also
I think they will both be professional and just stay out of each others way. Tony will probably ask both of them how they want to approach the situation in terms of just laying out some base ground rules of working together so that there's no uncomfortable backstage situations.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I'm sure he'll have some ring rust, but with mma he's been able to keep his body active and healthy, so his cardio should be good.

All that aside, I still refuse to believe he's really coming until I see him standing in the ring. Not saying the reports are BS. I just have waited so long for him to return (as a lot of us have), and have constantly had someone try to stir the pot and get us hyped only for it all to never amount to anything. Punk could film himself in a ring saying "see you Sunday" and I will still wait with disbelief. But it does feel different this time.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
If he joins, which theme do they go for (or something brand new)?

Personally, I'd lean towards Miseria Cantare... not because it's the best, but because it wasn't used in WWE and works great as an epic intro. But I wouldn't complain about any of 'em.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Interesting bit from Fightful Select. ROH/Marty Scurll reached out to CM Punk in January 2020, although talks didn't go far.

However, the interesting part is, contrary to common belief, Punk was more interested in his storylines, general plans, and opponents than the amount of money that would be offered to him.

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
Not all excited about Punk signing. I can't separate the CM Punk character from the ass kickings he ate in the UFC.

He comes off as a self-entitled prick who never is wrong or makes mistakes.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Boldgerg said:
What's that all about?
The Last Dance is the documentary about Michael Jordan's career at the Chicago Bulls, particularly his last season. And that song is in both the soundtrack and is used by the Bulls as an intro.

Last Dance... Chicago (Punk's home and where All Out will be)...

Could be something, could be nothing. But the black screen makes me think something.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
The Last Dance is the documentary about Michael Jordan's career at the Chicago Bulls, particularly his last season. And that song is in both the soundtrack and is used by the Bulls as an intro.

Last Dance... Chicago (Punk's home and where All Out will be)...

Could be something, could be nothing. But the black screen makes me think something.
dude - AEW registered a trademark for ‘the last dance’ yesterday

121 - 140 of 151 Posts