Wrestling Forum banner
101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
23,519 Posts
Not posting the website since its not allowed here due to being 'off' on reporting but i just read on there that the source confirmed basically CM Punk is a lock to sign immediately as soon as contract issue is complete, and that Bryan is official. Holy fuck.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not posting the website since its not allowed here due to being 'off' on reporting but i just read on there that the source confirmed basically CM Punk is a lock to sign immediately as soon as contract issue is complete, and that Bryan is official. Holy fuck.
Can you PM me a link please?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Punk will come in doing his anti-authority schtick against Cody, talking about how unprofessional their negotiations were and it won't be great, but hopefully he can move on to something good

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
If the source is so bad it's literally banned from posting here then that isn't all that exciting.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Until Punk shows up on a AEW show, this is all baseless rumor-mongering. Like it has been every year since 2014.
"Baseless" suggests there's absolutely no truth to it whatsoever. There are plenty of well placed sources insisting advanced talks have taken place.

It still may not happen, but it's not "baseless".

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think Punk and Danielson won't add anything to the ratings.

If CM Punk were to sign at AEW, he should have done so 2 years ago.
Now he no longer has the same aura.
He is a MMA loser and an opportunist with his former FOX contract.

Danielson is a great wrestler, but he won't change audiences.

In short, it will be a big expenditure of money, with no possible return.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,566 Posts
I think Punk and Danielson won't add anything to the ratings.

If CM Punk were to sign at AEW, he should have done so 2 years ago.
Now he no longer has the same aura.
He is a MMA loser and an opportunist with his former FOX contract.

Danielson is a great wrestler, but he won't change audiences.

In short, it will be a big expenditure of money, with no possible return.
We'll see.

In the quarter hour ratings Bryan has been a huge viewer gainer since he 1st beat Cena at SummerSlam.

This will put them over a million consistently guaranteed.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Punk hasn't wrestled since 2014. Name another former champion that went 7 years between wrestling appearances. Punk will do huge numbers IMO. It'll be similar to Brock Lesnar going back to UFC. Once you are a big name, and you're gone for a long time, when you come back it's huge news.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Since Bryan signed with AEW, I'm crossing fingers CM Punk will. The dream matches, unscripted promos, tv14, and such does have me getting my hopes up. But knowing I shouldn't get hopes up I can't help it. Hehe , Im just old and set in my ways unfortunately. :p

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Atleast it's a proper report with a reputable source this time and not Punk teasing fans just to advertise his indie horror movies.

As much as I would love for him to be in AEW. It's 50/50 for me. He could very well end up back in WWE.

101 - 120 of 151 Posts