Wrestling Forum banner
81 - 100 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
23,519 Posts
Meh. I never was a CM Punk fan. But it’s a fun thing to speculate about.

I’m more of a fan of AJ Lee. If Punk comes to AEW, do you think she’ll join as well?
Does she even look as she did? Is she even passionate or interested? Why did she leave WWE?

·
Registered
23,519 Posts
My panties aren't bunching. I don't care if they hre Punk or not. He hasn't wrestled in years and I was never a big fan even at his peak. Throw in the MMA misadventures and his, er, prickly personality and I'm not going to get excited.

Something I like about AEW is that they don't have unbeatable, main focus stars. Yes, there's an upper card but it isn't closed and there's a lot of movement all across the roster. People want Punk, and others, to come in and be immediately pushed as The Star, booked to win and headed for the top title. That's not how AEW does things. This is the promotion where main eventers sometimes appear on the YouTube shows and have competitive matches with lower card talent. Some folks hate that, but it should still be obvious to them by now that it's how things are in AEW.

Someone asked what would be the bigger match for AEW fans, Omega/Okada or Danielson/Punk. As much as I like Bryan that's an easy answer for me - Omega/Okada, but that's because I've watched a lot more NJPW during the time these guys appeared than I have WWE.
That may sell out a local arena depends on the market , but you want to go big on PPV you gotta do Punk vs Bryan. Thats where you may tear into WWE's base and grab some of them to do the impossible, buy the ppv lol

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Even if Punk and Bryan dont show up in AEW in the coming months wont bother me as I knows it highly unlikely.

AEW already has a really good roster and needs to let their best talent shine most of all.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
15,247 Posts
Does she even look as she did? Is she even passionate or interested? Why did she leave WWE?
AJ Lee retired on early-April 2015 since she accomplished just about everything she could in the women's division back then, she was frustrated with being caught in the middle of the conflict between the company versus her husband (CM Punk), and she unfortunately has permanent damage to her cervical spine; which is why she left WWE.

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
Punk and Bryan both could definitely be the turning point for AEW. BUT...the big concern is making sure you book them strong. With Bryan you have to be cautious do to his neck situation so hopefully the talents he faces are very careful. Both Punk & Bryan can't be doing 20 minute matches with job guys like Luther etc. They have to be different and book them strong. Have Punk do a storyline where he has a "Rocky" like story..he's getting older.. and he can relay that he doesn't really need the title but just wants to try one more time to see if the passion is still in him...that to him just getting a win is a bigger deal than anything else. Punk can come in a bit more modest and humble and slowly gets big wins. Meanwhile Bryan has obstacles leading to Omega. Finally in the end a year later you set up Bryan vs Punk (That alone will sell out)
Punk and Bryan have never really been booked as dominant. Bryan in particular is the type of guy to want to have competitive matches with everyone to see what they have

·
Registered
752 Posts
I wouldnt like to see it. AEW is great as it is right now and theyve added tons of very talented guys this year who haven't really had the time yet to show what they can do.

4,789 Posts
That may sell out a local arena depends on the market , but you want to go big on PPV you gotta do Punk vs Bryan. Thats where you may tear into WWE's base and grab some of them to do the impossible, buy the ppv lol
Well, yeah I know casual American fans aren't going to care about Omega/Okada. But I do.

As for the other match, I don't follow WWE enough now to know how excited typical WWE fans in 2021 would be for Bryan/Punk. Maybe they'd be all on it, maybe they'd check it out from interest or maybe they'd be more excited about something like Cena versus Reigns and not even notice anything happening in AEW. The less casual wrestling crowd, and the WWE-loyal fans who are open to watching different companies, may already be buying AEW ppvs for all I know.

·
Registered
540 Posts
i am not watching a 1hr video to hear about a rumour
He gets right into it about 1:30 and they start talking about it. This is apparently the most serious talks have ever been for WWE or AEW, he's confirmed from someone at AEW that they've been in serious talks with him and the guys at WWE said they had been but talks have kind of broken down, the WWE guys think he's going with AEW and were actually encouraging SRS to run the story, so that surprise spoiler theory I was mentioning earlier seems to have some legs.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,260 Posts
AJ Lee retired on early-April 2015 since she accomplished just about everything she could in the women's division back then, she was frustrated with being caught in the middle of the conflict between the company versus her husband (CM Punk), and she unfortunately has permanent damage to her cervical spine; which is why she left WWE.
AJ Lee also retired because she got a back or neck injury.

·
Registered
841 Posts
He gets right into it about 1:30 and they start talking about it. This is apparently the most serious talks have ever been for WWE or AEW, he's confirmed from someone at AEW that they've been in serious talks with him and the guys at WWE said they had been but talks have kind of broken down, the WWE guys think he's going with AEW and were actually encouraging SRS to run the story, so that surprise spoiler theory I was mentioning earlier seems to have some legs.
All’s fair in love and war, I guess.

I wonder if Tk would have done the same if he signed with WWE

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Punk vs Cody would be a good first match to get in to the swing of things. He’s worked with him before and would be the perfect way to find his feet in the business again.

81 - 100 of 151 Posts