Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who else agrees that cm punk is better how he was when he was fueding with John Cena fked him up with making him a face

·
What?
13,511 Posts
He's about as good at being a face as Jericho is but he just happens to get a reaction for it as opposed to Jericho.

I'd rather watch him every day of the week as a heel. Even in the ring he's better as the bad guy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Personally I don't mind Punk as a Face but he was still slightly better as a Heel, as he just had more of an I Dont Give A F**k attitude. And plus I liked the fact he always messed Cena up.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
One thing that annoyed me about Punk was that when he was getting cheers on the night of his 'shoot'. He said to the fans don't cheer me because they are everything that's wrong with the business or something along those lines, yet he's still turned face and getting cheers. I love heel Punk or cocky Punk, I just think it works better for him, if he gets cheered, that's because the fans respect him and don't think he sucks, a bit like heel Austin.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Punk was born to be a heel but this is the best face work he has done in the WWE by far. Although comparing this to his directionless ECW face run is not really that fair. I agree with Evolution. He is a better wrestler as a heel because his psychology and emotion sells the offense he displays as more believable than he would as a face, not to discredit his wrestling skills either way.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
It's because he doesn't have the look that compliments a babyface in the WWE, in addition a lot of his mannerisms are quite cocky and shows arrogance which obviously aren't characteristics of a classic face.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
the only way he can be built as a top star is as a face. Plus WWE didn't fuck him up, the fans who cheer him did, because they're the reason he's face. But anyway, i see nothing wrong with him being face.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
He's about as good at being a face as Jericho is but he just happens to get a reaction for it as opposed to Jericho.

I'd rather watch him every day of the week as a heel. Even in the ring he's better as the bad guy.
What??? Since when does Jericho not get reactions as a face??? Did you forget his earlier Y2J runs where he was as over as any Main Eventer?? Even his latest face run in 2007 he was over, he just wasn't as over as a legend should be so he changed to heel.

Punk is a decent at best face, but nowhere near Jericho as a face. IMO Jericho makes a better face than heel.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Totally disagree, look at him at MitB, he loved the adulation and is a brilliant face,what he isn't good at is being a yes man baby kisser, he's awesome as the lone wolf who speaks for the everyman, what no-one wants is another John Cena

·
THE ONE.
5,352 Posts
Punk's character is far more tweener than Face, he's basically the stayed the same expect for not antagonising the crowd. not sure if some of you saw the "AfterBuzz" show but Maria was insinuating that Punk has had the leesh put back on him recently which is a shame.

Personally I like him as a face but I like his current gimmick so I would say the same if he was heel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts