Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Austin's 3:16 speech, he was in limbo in WWF, until he did what he did. Next day, there were loads of Austin marks in the arena, and he later got the big push he deserves marketing his 3:16 slogan.

When CM Punk did his shoot months ago, it really seemed as if he was doing an Austin out there, especially considering he was wearing Austin's shirt and having a similiar way of a breakthrough like Austin had. He even had a corporate rebel gimmick after the shoot.

Then there was Bryan, who marketed his YES chants for a few months since his heel turn. He became an overnight star, just how Austin did. He also reminds me of Austin.

Will one of these two wrestlers actually have a chance to be the next Austin?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
LULZ!

Even though I am a big fan of both Punk and Bryan.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

Before Austin's 3:16 speech, he was in limbo in WWF, until he did what he did. Next day, there were loads of Austin marks in the arena, and he later got the big push he deserves marketing his 3:16 slogan.

When CM Punk did his shoot months ago, it really seemed as if he was doing an Austin out there, especially considering he was wearing Austin's shirt and having a similiar way of a breakthrough like Austin had. He even had a corporate rebel gimmick after the shoot.

Then there was Bryan, who marketed his YES chants for a few months since his heel turn. He became an overnight star, just how Austin did. He also reminds me of Austin.

Will one of these two wrestlers actually have a chance to be the next Austin?

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It would be the Dwayne marks and just simple minded posters who respond childishly.

To actually answer your point, they'll never be another Stone Cold but I do see the slight connections with Punk, and to a lesser extent, Bryan. If the WWE does this right and in a big way, Punk/Bryan could be the Rock/Austin of the Reality Era.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Obvious troll is obvious. (Rehash of the greatest punch line in troll history. The sheer stupidity of this topic forced me to say this.)

:troll :troll :troll

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The Winning One™;11417806 said:
It would be the Dwayne marks and just simple minded posters who respond childishly.

To actually answer your point, they'll never be another Stone Cold but I do see the slight connections with Punk, and to a lesser extent, Bryan. If the WWE does this right and in a big way, Punk/Bryan could be the Rock/Austin of the Reality Era.

They are going in that direction, but I don't think Punk and Bryan both at the top could draw.

Cena will be forever be no. 1. Punk will be no. 2 till they find a replacement and Bryan will be a support act.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
thelegendkiller said:
They are going in that direction, but I don't think Punk and Bryan both at the top could draw.

Cena will be forever be no. 1. Punk will be no. 2 till they find a replacement and Bryan will be a support act.
A year ago right now, we could have said the CM Punk would never be the 1B to Cena's 1A.

A year ago right now, we couldn't have seen Bryan win the WHC by the end of the year.

A year ago right now, we couldn't have expected Punk and Bryan to possibly main event at PPV for the WWE Championship.

We really don't know but what I am saying is that with a obvious change in the product since June 2011 (really March with the Rock), Punk/Bryan could be a draw if the WWE actually gets behind both men. I think Punk proved he can handle the load since he headlined TLC 2011 without Cena. Bryan going the distance in their upcoming OTL match after that phenomenal match with Sheamus with ER will only raise Bryan's profile high.

In my opinion, Punk and Bryan represent "The Reality Era" if you were to ask me to name two people that represent it. Just like Hogan, Andre, Savage in the Golden Era. Bret, Shawn, and Taker in the New Generation. Austin, Vince, and Rock in the Attitude Era. Cena, Batista, and Orton in the Ruthless Agression era. It's Punk, Bryan, and maybe I would say Sheamus as well for the Reality Era.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The Winning One™;11417840 said:
A year ago right now, we could have said the CM Punk would never be the 1B to Cena's 1A.

A year ago right now, we couldn't have seen Bryan win the WHC by the end of the year.

A year ago right now, we couldn't have expected Punk and Bryan to possibly main event at PPV for the WWE Championship.

We really don't know but what I am saying is that with a obvious change in the product since June 2011 (really March with the Rock), Punk/Bryan could be a draw if the WWE actually gets behind both men. I think Punk proved he can handle the load since he headlined TLC 2011 without Cena. Bryan going the distance in their upcoming OTL match after that phenomenal match with Sheamus with ER will only raise Bryan's profile high.

In my opinion, Punk and Bryan represent "The Reality Era" if you were to ask me to name two people that represent it. Just like Hogan, Andre, Savage in the Golden Era. Bret, Shawn, and Taker in the New Generation. Austin, Vince, and Rock in the Attitude Era. Cena, Batista, and Orton in the Ruthless Agression era. It's Punk, Bryan, and maybe I would say Sheamus as well for the Reality Era.

If they totally put the WWE machine behind them, they could draw.

But they are too small to sell out PPVs. I am really doubtful, even though I am a big fan of both guys.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
^^^^The look doesn't matter in 2012. It's an outdated old school mentality that has rightfully faded away. Otherwise Otunga and Ryan would be holding the World titles right now feuding with Cena and Orton while Punk and Bryan fall into midcard purgatory being the workhorses putting over less talented people over.

As long as Punk and Bryan are great at what they do, which they are and more, then they'll be fine.

·
Banned
914 Posts
WWE already got fully behind Punk full stop last summer. It only sank fan interest to a 14 year low. When was the last time Raw got 3 straight below 3.0 ratings? You have to go back all the way to before Austin won his first WWE championship.

Punk marks will eventually have to accept the reality that he's just basically a cult hit, nothing else. He's definitely not mainstream like Cena, Taker, Brock or HHH is.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It stopped because WWE had Triple H squander his heat and then went into a heatless title feud as a third wheel between Del Rio and Cena while also dealing with a heat sucking soul in Kevin Nash.

And quit the ratings bullshit. You really don't give a damn about them. You just use them as a buzz topic to slander a guy or the company that supports a guy you don't like. This isn't 1998 anymore. Move on.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Sorry but no. Punk nor Bryan will never become the next Austin or even come close to what he was able to do. They have a better shot at being the Cena/Orton of the future and even that is a stretch(the Cena part of course.)

·
Banned
561 Posts

yeah because this a valid question
a dumb question like this deserves a dumb answer

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
honestly ? who knows ?

of course there wouldn't be another Austin , but we can't tell how far these guys could go

Danial Bryan was boring me to death last year , then all of a sudden his heel run popped and he started this whole "yes" and became such a troll on TV , that's when i became a fan of him cause he brought something new to the plate

CM Punk was on a 10 month PPV losing streak , then within a week he became the hottest commodity in wrestling (without winning a match might i add)

so it depends how WWE are gonna go with them , will they be Austin or Austin's length ? of course not , but let's face it , you can't have another Jordan , another Jackson , another Ali , Another Eazy E .. cause let's face it these guys set a new game , and with wrestling only 3 people in history blasted through the limits and Austin was one of them

but you could have a new star rising , let's just wait and see people

meanwhile , try to enjoy it , don't be so negative , it helps

1 - 20 of 70 Posts