Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seriously though, THAT opening segment. What the mother of fuck was that all about? Vince hurts his neck by falling on his back. He sells the neck injury well by continuing to hold his microphone saying 'my neck' repeatedly. Then Steph comes out with her personal security who end up threatening to arrest her for no reason. Then Vince forgets he has a neck injury and grabs the security who decide 5 minutes later that it was assault and he should be arrested for it. In the midst of all this Vince is telling the crowd to shut up because they are chanting for Punk / Bryan when he was talking about Reigns' title run coming to an end.

Really, I am no fan of Reigns. But I have to sympathise with him sometimes. How the fuck is a segment like that going to get anybody over. It is just retarded, senseless scripting almost thrown in to waste time. Vince just walks back into the building at the end of the show as if nothing happens and decides next week he is going to be the special guest ref of a WHC title match between Reigns and a jobber who has literally done/said nothing since he lost the title, to suggest he even wants it back.

People on here complain about crowds chanting for Punk / Bryan when not relevant but what the fuck do you expect when this shit is unfolding in front of you?!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Bryan and Punk are still relevant by virtue of the fact they are the two most over guys in WWE right now. One of them isn't even contracted to them, and the other one is being frozen out BECAUSE he is more popular than their current Champion.

Go figure.

Nobody should be saying Punk and Bryan should not be cheered for because the fact that they ARE cheered for means they are emotionally relevant, right fucking now. Like it or not.

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
No one forced the crowd to chant specifically punk and bryan. Regardless of how shit the segment was.

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts
That's the breaks I guess. The segment was horrible, I was slowly becoming a Reigns fan and happy that they were booking him right lately, but that opening segment was extremely poor. I hope Hunter's return isn't as underwhelming as it seems it's going to be. But I do blame Steph for a lot of this segment going downhill, she's really just go away annoying at this point. The real heel has already just become Vince. Say what you want about him being out of touch, when he's an onscreen character playing Mr. McMahon, he is typically gold.

Don't blame the crowd for chanting Bryan and Punk though, they were the two last enticing storylines in chasing the title, everyone knew that Reigns was going to catch the title eventually, when Punk and Bryan won it, it was really out of nowhere and both were not propped up for the role, they needed the title because the crowd would riot if anyone else got it, that's an organic connection with the crowd, something most of the roster lacks now days.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The real question is, how come every time Roman Reigns is involved in a segment of any kind, it's disastrous? :shrug

That was a smooth troll by the fans though. They saw right through Vince's bullshit.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Not taking anything away from Punk or Bryan, people obviously want to see them. But I think those chants were less about them and more about how shit that segment was.

·
Banned
956 Posts
It's shit, people need to stop it... it makes me want to press mute.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The crowd 's YES chants seemed directed at Roman at first.

I was thinking to myself "Wow. Roman finally got over. Listen to that crowd in one of the smarkiest markets."

Then I listened to the crowd chant for Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

And everything made sense again.

Romans better than he used to be...but damn he's only had one good week of booking and I'm starting to think it was a fluke

Reactions: gsm1988

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It's the first of many CM Punk/Daniel Bryan chants by fans hoping for a surprise Rumble return for either one of them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
:lol

I didn't watch, but honestly, I'm happy that it happened. The crowd should of chanted "boring" and "bullshit" as well.

·
FOTC
10,755 Posts
The crowd also chanted boring during the Sasha/Becky match. So I guess they were sending the girls a message as well?

When a non-smarky city chants for DB or Punk it will mean something.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,922 Posts
:lol

I didn't watch, but honestly, I'm happy that it happened. The crowd should of chanted "boring" and "bullshit" as well.
A well-timed "We are awesome" or two would have been the icing on the cake.

All that show needed was a 20-minute HHH borefest to cover just about everything I've ever hated about WWE.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,922 Posts
The crowd also chanted boring during the Sasha/Becky match. So I guess they were sending the girls a message as well?

When a non-smarky city chants for DB or Punk it will mean something.
That match was boring. And when it wasn't boring it was awkward mis-timed. I've seen Becky in some good matches, but this is the second big tv turd from Sasha. If that's the kind of quality match they say she put on in NXT, then I want some of what the Sasha marks are smoking.

·
Registered
313 Posts
it's brooklyn, hipster city... what else can you expect? just skinny keds wearing, vimeo-watching, nutella eating, shitty music listening, vanilla midget marks...

Reactions: BeastIncarnate

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That's the breaks I guess. The segment was horrible, I was slowly becoming a Reigns fan and happy that they were booking him right lately, but that opening segment was extremely poor. I hope Hunter's return isn't as underwhelming as it seems it's going to be. But I do blame Steph for a lot of this segment going downhill, she's really just go away annoying at this point. The real heel has already just become Vince. Say what you want about him being out of touch, when he's an onscreen character playing Mr. McMahon, he is typically gold.

Don't blame the crowd for chanting Bryan and Punk though, they were the two last enticing storylines in chasing the title, everyone knew that Reigns was going to catch the title eventually, when Punk and Bryan won it, it was really out of nowhere and both were not propped up for the role, they needed the title because the crowd would riot if anyone else got it, that's an organic connection with the crowd, something most of the roster lacks now days.
How the hell are you going to blame stephanie for them chanting for punk bryan? They did that shit before she was even out there.

Face it vince flopped last night.. Nobody gave a damn about him or reigns or their shit exchange back and forth.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts