Wrestling Forum banner

Do you think CM Punk as a babyface is Working?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i saw this brilliant post by Starbuck in another thread about punk & I think this is exactly the reason Why punk as a babyface is not working.

I am sure a lot of people feel the same way about Punk & his character.

Punk as a babyface is not working at all.

This is my main issue with this whole Punk thing and it is really making me question whether turning Trips is a good idea. Punk isn't a likable character because he's actually a bit of a prick lol. His whole reason for being a dick to HHH is because he was testing him? At first when he said that I was like, "Oh, that's why," but after thinking about it, I don't really think it makes sense.

The first time we got Trips and Punk interacting in the ring, Punk took shots at him and nothing happened. Later that night Punk said he was just testing him and he passed with flying colors. Why then has he continued to keep saying the things he has been saying? Well, he pretty much answered that too and it's because he thinks it's funny and because he can get away with it. He says he wants change yet when he gets called on it he admits to wanting change so long as he reaps the benefits. I don't know if that is how they have written it or what but maybe letting them fly solo out there isn't the best idea because they aren't making a lot of sense right now.

To me, Punk isn't somebody I want to get behind. I don't want to see him make the big comeback like Cena or Rey. It just isn't clicking with me and that became very apparent in the match with Miz where he worked it as the face and I just didn't have it in me to want him to win. I guess I'm all over the place regarding this storyline tbh but at the moment I'm starting to think that Punk being this big babyface everybody is calling for him to be is the wrong choice and more so, I don't know if turning HHH heel is a good idea either. Meh, I'm confused.

Plus the Smackdown promo between Punk & Triple h , I noticed When triple h accused Punk of being selfish, Punk couldnt respond but instead he goes off sucking upto the crowd.

I mean one of the main reasons why we all hate john cena is his "GOOD guy" superhero suck up to the Crowd every week. Its Cringeworthy right?
But CM punk did the same thing last week.

"I want change" "we want change" "We are dying for a change ...." it was painful to watch tbh.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
A heel who panders to the crowd??

I dont think so. He is a babyface right now.
A heel who is full of himself by claiming he is the Best In The World and feels fans should embrace that, whether they like it or not?

I think so.

Of course his hotness is dying down because the angle is in a cool period. Wait till HHH turns heel and watch it come back in an instant.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
A heel who panders to the crowd??

I dont think so. He is a babyface right now.
A babyface who trolls the COO of the company for no solid reason? I dont really know what is up with heel/face situation in this feud. This feud can go either way, CM Punk can be a selfish, brainwashing asshole or a rebellious voice of voiceless.. Unless HHH turns heel or WWE makes a lill more sense while explaining why CM Punk is bashing HHH and his family.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
A heel who is full of himself by claiming he is the Best In The World and feels fans should embrace that, whether they like it or not?

I think so.

Of course his hotness is dying down because the angle is in a cool period. Wait till HHH turns heel and watch it come back in an instant.
If that was the case 80% of wrestlers would be heels. Hell, how many times have you heard Trips say I have as big of an ego as anyone during the last couple of weeks? Bret Hart's slogan was I'm best there is etc, etc.

If you pander to the crowd you're a face. If you bash the crowd you're a heel. Another dead give away between faces and heels is who you wrestle. Since his return Punk's wrestling Del Rio and the Miz. Come on now he's obviously a face.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Let's at least give it a chance to work.

You're entitled to your opinion but I think it's unfair to judge his character yet, there are further developments to come in this storyline.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Punk's one of the better faces going right now. His problem is that Triple H is also one of the better faces going, and he has more history as someone the fans like.
When/if Triple H turns heel, Punk instantly jumps to the next level.

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
No,He's fine as face.Crowd loves him,I still love'em.I do however prefer the heel "SES" Punk to the babyface Punk but he's fine as face in all honesty really

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Actually i think his character has worked out great. the reason being is that the women and kids who generally eat whatever the WWE force feeds them are not cheering him. If they were cheering him then he would be a pure babyface. He still has a cult like following with the males because he is edgy. He is the definition of the PG Era tweener. The only issue i have is that when the women and kids start to get behind him his character will be diluted. See Randy orton 2010.

·
Registered
345 Posts
He Out pops everyone in that god damn company besides Cena. I'm sorry but you don't speak for the masses when you say "I don't want to get behind CM Punk". Most people get behind him in his matches so case closed him as a face is working.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts