Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse for CM Punk being a ratings cancer #1: RATINGS DON'T MATTER
Excuse for CM Punk being a ratings cancer #2: RAW was predictable
Excuse for CM Punk being a ratings cancer #3: Punk needs to be heel for the ratings to go up
Excuse for CM Punk being a ratings cancer #4:I knew nothing interesting was going to happen
Excuse for CM Punk being a ratings cancer #5: It was the "other guy" that Punk was facing's fault
Excuse for CM Punk being a ratings cancer #6: I'm a pathetic mark who won't accept the fact that Jesus Punk can't draw flies to a shit sandwich covered in spunk.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Ratings thread.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Until Punk is the main focus of the show, he can't be blamed for the ratings.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Remember when Punk's segment two weeks ago drew a better rating than every single Rock segment during the Road to Wrestlemania? Remember when Lesnar's first segment in 8 years drew a really low rating, and Punk drew a better rating later on in the show?

lolnobodycandraw

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Get off your ratings bullshit. Raw had 4.3 million viewers and CM Punk is the champ. If Raw had 2.1 million viewers, he would be the first one you would turn to.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Yes, Punk's champ, haters can't deal with it, and they will bring up any petty excuse to bring him down. Maybe it's the abysmal overall product that's not drawing, ever thought of that OP? Other than Cena, no one is really a draw in the WWE today and as long as Punk's selling a ridiculous amount of merchandise they will continue to push him.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Worst Heavyweight champion since David Arquette...

The Miz vs. Brodus Clay gained 55,000 viewers in what is usually a losing segment. Paul Heyman's return gained 123,000 viewers. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan and Lord Tensai in the overrun actually lost viewers - 105,000 for a 2.94 rating. It's almost impossible to lose viewers in the overrun because you've got people tuning into the USA Network for their next show.
:lol :lmao

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
This thread will lead to dozens of Punk marks who will try to come up with various excuses as to why ratings are low with Punk as champion.

Admit, the guy has lessened the importance of the WWE Title. I'm all for a lengthy reign but I think WWE picked the wrong guy. Punk just isn't appealing as a babyface WWE Champion. I mean, you all hate smiling faces, right? Well, this CM Punk has turned into one of the more annoying faces on the roster. He's got grade school jokes, isn't the best in ring performer and was only so good on the indy scene because of his gimmick, which is damn near the exact opposite of his current gimmick.

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts
By this logic American Idol is the greatest show on television if ratings matter so much.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
I agree, he should lose the title at OTL. Not only because I am a D-Bry mark, but because I like CM Punk and he has turned SUPER STALE since the Y2J feud started. He's been downright boring and maybe chasing the title, or even getting away from a title feud, would re-energize his character.

·
Registered
399 Posts

The Miz vs. Brodus Clay gained 55,000 viewers in what is usually a losing segment. Paul Heyman's return gained 123,000 viewers. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan and Lord Tensai in the overrun actually lost viewers - 105,000 for a 2.94 rating. It's almost impossible to lose viewers in the overrun because you've got people tuning into the USA Network for their next show.

Omg Law and Order isn't a draw!

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts

Of course it lost viewers, Albert is the worst wrestler on the roster and nobody buys him as a main eventer. That's not Punk's fault. I can't even blame Daniel Bryan for that, as I would like to. Tensai is just so fucking awful that nobody's gonna want to watch his shit, ESPECIALLY if it's the end of the show and people know nothing is coming after.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Of course it lost viewers, Albert is the worst wrestler on the roster and nobody buys him as a main eventer. That's not Punk's fault.
How can you use the Tensai excuse if he was just in the mainevent a couple weeks ago against Cena and the viewers increased by like 300,000.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Of course it lost viewers, Albert is the worst wrestler on the roster and nobody buys him as a main eventer. That's not Punk's fault. I can't even blame Daniel Bryan for that, as I would like to. Tensai is just so fucking awful that nobody's gonna want to watch his shit, ESPECIALLY if it's the end of the show and people know nothing is coming after.
But Albert ISN't the worst wrestler on the roster.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Well, Punk isn't John Cena, for starters. Cena is the only real draw in the WWE. I'm not saying Punk is a huge draw but you can't blame him for everything when nobody else but Cena is gonna do better, if not worse. Secondly, it was leading up to Cena's match with Lesnar, and people probably wanted to see how Cena would come out of it.

Has nothing to do with Tensai. Tensai is as bad as Khali, NOBODY buys this guy as a star, he's an absolute joke. As it's been pointed out before, there are several Punk segments that gained significantly, so I wouldn't blame him for this.

But Albert ISN't the worst wrestler on the roster.
He is on Raw's roster. The only guy who's even in the same league of awfulness as him is Khali.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts