Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CM Punk and Danial Bryan this generations Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart?

938 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Clique 
#1 ·
I hate it when people make that claim...those guys don't deserve to be compared to legends like that...if those guys were around in any other era they would be trash...they would be mid card jobbers....punk and Bryan lack just about everything those two guys had.

#3 ·
I have watched wrestling since the late late 1970s. And as harsh in tone as this post sounds I have to actually agree 100 percent. Punk and Bryan are solid in their own right but in most other eras those two would be lower mid card to mid card at best. I think what is telling is the fact that since these two are main eventing that it shows how lower in quality this wrestling era is. I have seen many wrestlers especially back in the NWA days that were just as good technically as both but those wrestlers actually connected to the fans better and had the "it" factor compared to these two. I myself am really not impressed by either. They are a dime a dozen to me.

#4 ·
My first reaction:

after 4 min:

#6 ·
No one really viewed Bret and Shawn as legends back then either.

People only recently have looked back and given them legend status because hindsight is 20/20.

They caught the same hate for being smaller workers that Punk and Bryan do now. Imagine if the internet was what it is now back in the 90's. They'd be slandered to death too I'm sure.

Reactions: Kid Kablam
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.