Registered
1,961 Posts
I maintain that WM30 should’ve been

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk

John Cena vs Undertaker

Brock Lesnar vs Batista

Shield vs Wyatt Family

WWE Divas Championship:
AJ Lee vs Mickie James (sadly WWE drugged their feet on bringing Mickie back and she ended up pregnant).

WWE Tag Team Championship:
Usos vs New Age Outlaws

Triple H vs Dolph Ziggler

Andre The Giant Battle Royal

·
Registered
367 Posts
Why was Daniel Bryan facing Sheamus again at mania? also very interesting to see Reigns Vs Ambrose for the united states title. (Guess they were going to break up the shield before wrestlemania 30.

·
The EST of NXT
28,520 Posts
What sticks out most to me besides the obvious, is Roman vs. Ambrose. This implies Dean turns heel after the Rumble, which is what all of us expected at the time. The Shield has been vocal in interviews about delaying their break up. WWE obviously had enough of them by that June. Another thing is there's no Seth Rollins in sight. Most predicted he'd be the forgotten flippy guy in the mid card, because he was a spot monkey back then. The only good thing about this alternate timeline is that Roman would've surely beaten Dean for the US title, had a nice midcard run, and then naturally worked his way into the main event.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I maintain that WM30 should’ve been

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk

John Cena vs Undertaker

Brock Lesnar vs Batista

Shield vs Wyatt Family

WWE Divas Championship:
AJ Lee vs Mickie James (sadly WWE drugged their feet on bringing Mickie back and she ended up pregnant).

WWE Tag Team Championship:
Usos vs New Age Outlaws

Triple H vs Dolph Ziggler

Andre The Giant Battle Royal
Agreed 100%.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Why was Daniel Bryan facing Sheamus again at mania? also very interesting to see Reigns Vs Ambrose for the united states title. (Guess they were going to break up the shield before wrestlemania 30.
Well the seeds were planted. Remember Ambrose trying to eliminate Roman in the Royal Rumble match, and then Roman eliminating both Ambrose and Rollins from the match.

What I don't get is what would they have done with Rollins? By 2014 even if he was not a single wrestler it was clear the company had big plans for him, all three were protected by the booking.

Only option for him was winning the inagural Andre the Giant battle royal match, I know it make sound like a joke but in 2014 when the match was announced it seems that they had big plans for the winner, Seth Rollins winning could have lauched his singles career.

--------------------------------------------------

I think the Big Show / Kane item was a placeholder for the (at the time) anticipated encounter between Big Show and Shaq that never took place.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Punk vs HHH would have been a good match for sure. And as much as I loved Bryan's moment, I would love to have seen what it would be like if WWE had stuck to their guns and had Batista go over Orton. Batista was getting bigger due to the Guardians of the Galaxy hype and it would likely have given WWE good mainstream attention having their World Champion as a part of the newest MCU film.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Seems they still don't have plan to push Bryan at Mania,look at the date on Punk post,it was written 20th January while RR 2014 was in 26th January. Also Punk vs Hunter was meant to happen but it was Phil who reject the idea,it seems he had enough with he must working with Hunter again after he received the documents then Bryan suddenly get huge positive reaction from fans which made WWE must change the plan to capitalize the moment. If only WWE change it into mini tournament like Bryan vs Batista and Punk vs Orton then the winner from both match will face each other at final to win the WWEWHC title,like Vengeance 2001, I'm sure Punk will feel okay with that.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Funny how Seth Rollins who was the clearly the after thought ended up winning the World Title before Reigns and Ambrose.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I wouldn't have minded that if it still had the original stip of the winner goes into the main event to make it a triple threat, Orton vs. Batista vs. CM Punk, all he wanted was a main event.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
I had forgot they were trying to break up shield in December 13 and January 14.

Big Show vs Kane on biggest ppv of the year in 2014, yikes

Punk leaving massively improved quality of that card.

Doubt there would be such a festival atmosphere after this mania in Bourbon Street as we got after Mania 30.

Punk vs HHH would have been a good match for sure. And as much as I loved Bryan's moment, I would love to have seen what it would be like if WWE had stuck to their guns and had Batista go over Orton. Batista was getting bigger due to the Guardians of the Galaxy hype and it would likely have given WWE good mainstream attention having their World Champion as a part of the newest MCU film.
Mania was beginning of April, gotg didn't come out till mid August so two shows don't connect. If Batista had walked out of mania champion getting the heat he was in January and February then mania 30 would go down alongside mania 9 in folklore.

Batista wasn't getting WWE mainstream attention. I mean he returned last year have starred in all the marvel movies and what outside attention did he bring.. it's rare an outsider brings attention to wwe, Tyson did in 98 but that's only because it was the first major thing he had done since biting Holyfields ear, Trump did to lesser extent in 2007 but most others they tried did

·
Premium Member
9,841 Posts
Lol. First what's up with WWE showing the PPV buys for the employees?

Damn. I know despite everything, there was a small part of me (less than 5% xD) that wanted to give WWE the benefit of the doubt and that Bryan was always gona be involved in the WM 30's world title match anyways. But this just shows me that the company was willing to ignore logical booking (as they never had Bryan lose cleanly to Orton the world title) and an insane crowd reaction

The crowd at the Rumble 2014 was chanting at Cena and Orton "You both suck" and "Daniel Bryan". The reaction Bryan was getting was throughout the show and in segments that didn't involve him and still the company couldn't give two shits.
This is really does reflect how great Bryan is, and how fucking stupid WWE is.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
They didn't view Bryan as a difference maker.

Hell even Meltzer, mookie and Alvarez were saying Bryan wasn't a draw in late 2013. WWE weren't really viewing crowds chanting as important.

Also WWE plan Mania card a year or so in advance. It's possible something changes given how hot Bryan got in February-April. Lynch got inserted in Mania main event last year because that was planned to be Charlotte vs Rousey more than year previously.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Batista wasn't getting WWE mainstream attention. I mean he returned last year have starred in all the marvel movies and what outside attention did he bring.. it's rare an outsider brings attention to wwe, Tyson did in 98 but that's only because it was the first major thing he had done since biting Holyfields ear, Trump did to lesser extent in 2007 but most others they tried did
Thats because of the WWE brand being seen as a joke to most people. Well, wrestling in general. Once the general public learned or came to accept that wrestling was scripted, it just lost more and more people as they wanted to believe it was real(or genuinely thought it was).

No one brings attention back to WWE. If The Rock shows up on a WWE show, its to promote his latest movie. He NEVER goes to a film event and promotes WWE; why would he? And when he shows up, its wrestling fans that get interested and tune in; not a soul outside of wrestling marks care that he reappears on a professional wrestling event.

Same goes for Batista or anyone else.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Hard to watch this for me. They screwed the pooch on Bryan from Summerslam 2013 on. Those crowd reactions were insane and they kept screwing him out of the title thoughout late 2013. Then they still had no plans for a payoff. Then Punk leaves. Which helps Bryan but then Bryan goes down and then it begins the miserable holding pattern with Brock as champion with Roman for years as the guy preordained to beat him and then later Rollins taking his spot.

Fucking Cena, Brock and Roman. It's infuriating looking back.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hard to watch this for me. They screwed the pooch on Bryan from Summerslam 2013 on. Those crowd reactions were insane and they kept screwing him out of the title thoughout late 2013. Then they still had no plans for a payoff. Then Punk leaves. Which helps Bryan but then Bryan goes down and then it begins the miserable holding pattern with Brock as champion with Roman for years as the guy preordained to beat him and then later Rollins taking his spot.

Fucking Cena, Brock and Roman. It's infuriating looking back.
Cena? They slowed down on Cena being World Champion after he lost to title to Lesnar at SummerSlam (which only happened in the first place because Bryan got hurt) unless you're talking about something else.

All of this crap with Lesnar being champion and Roman being the one to beat him would've been done and over with after WM31 had those morons not have Rollins cash in and hold the title for the majority of that year for no reason at all.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wouldn't have surprised me if Bryan would've gotten the Kofi treatment at Summerslam 2014 once he got his mania moment.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts