Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
Decent debut. I hope his "gimmick" is given a more expansive scope beyond the snobby European, but he looks good and his particular style inside the ring should help to get him over. For him, adopting the 'WWE style' should not be a major issue, either.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Decent debut. I hope his "gimmick" is given a more expansive scope beyond the snobby European, but he looks good and his particular style inside the ring should help to get him over. For him, adopting the 'WWE style' should not be a major issue, either.
Claudio's been doing the snobby European gimmick for a long time

He stopped around 2010 I believe when he and Hero reformed their team

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
Claudio's been doing the snobby European gimmick for a long time

He stopped around 2010 I believe when he and Hero reformed their team
No, you're right and all. It's just that in ROH and elsewhere, it always seemed more three-dimensional. But it's not really fair to evaluate a whole character's launching (in another promotion) based on a 90-second little introductory interview spot. I'm looking forward to his ascension in FCW and, I hope by next summer or so, in WWE.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That was pretty entertaining. For the people that are calling that a weird promo, boring or kind of slow. To be 100% honest, Chris Hero for the most part was the voice for the Kings of Wrestling. Not to fear though, Antonio's in-ring work will easily make up for any fault he has. Promo wise, he is still a cut above 90% of the WWE and FCW roster.

Edit: On a side note, what was up with them playing Dean Malenko's old theme after the promo?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
How more expansive could his WWE/FCW gimmick be? What did you have in mind for his gimmick?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes!

I've been waiting for Claudio's TV debut, I knew it was gonna be this week from reading spoilers, and next week he faces Mike Dalton (pre-taped).

My favorite wrestler Claudio, along w/ Chris Hero (coming to FCW soon), and Dean Ambrose, I'm marking out!

I also loved how the FCW audience smarks said "Ayyyyyyyy" at the beginning of the interview.

=)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts