Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Cj parker's 'Third eye'

A palm strike is a legitimate martial arts move

I see no problem with it. Hell it's been a staple of Jushin Liger's moveset for 2 decades
But in a match where the guy feigns getting punched in the head, dropped on his face, kicked, slammed and held in various holds aimed at choking a guy out, a forceful slap is what ends it?

·
Registered
6,524 Posts

A palm strike is a legitimate martial arts move

I see no problem with it. Hell it's been a staple of Jushin Liger's moveset for 2 decades
Sure, but by a martial artist. I don't exactly buy CJ Parker as knowing martial arts.

ALl the Stunner was is Austin sitting to his butt holding a guys head.

Yeah it could cause some whiplash but enough to finish a match?
Austin's Stunner was dropping a man's face onto his shoulder from a height. Never mind "whiplash", how about a broken nose or teeth? I'm not sure why you think describing how the move is executed makes it "not good".

·
Registered
727 Posts

I like the Third Eye. It's cool looking and it looks like it could break your nose real easy. Plus it's silly enough to work with his character. But I don't hate CJP as much as most people do.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts

Sure, but by a martial artist. I don't exactly buy CJ Parker as knowing martial arts.

Austin's Stunner was dropping a man's face onto his shoulder from a height. Never mind "whiplash", how about a broken nose or teeth? I'm not sure why you think describing how the move is executed makes it "not good".
Enough to pin a guy for 1-2-3?

At least a Palm Strike could realistically knock someone loopy enough to pin them

·
Premium Member
17,742 Posts

Legit move actually.

Sam Fisher used it as a non-lethal takedown instead of killing guards in Chaos Theory....so you know it's true!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Move looks like it would hurt a lot more than a MAJORITY of the finishers used on WWE today.. Cobra Strike also is a jab to the throat which would kill you and at the very least completely incapacitate you.

Last time this argument was up people were talking sh*t about ADRs finisher which is THE most legit submission finisher in the entire WWE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.