Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody play Civ 5 yet? I just want to hear some reviews if anybody has any.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you're a big fan of the previous Civ titles you can expect a "dumbed" down game, religion is gone, population health is gone, easier economy, individual city happiness is gone, less options with great people etc. However, those features are replaced with an awesome combat system, no more stacking of units, tactical positioning and unit mixture is the key. Oh, and random events are gone.

I haven't tried out online / LAN multiplayer since the release so I don't know if it's as bugged as it was, might want to check up on that. I also had some trouble getting mods working (I believe this issue is just on the steam version though.) The graphics looks nice though, and the hexagonal grid is cool.

Overall I'll say that Civ4 is better, at least for now, though mods can fix some of the shortcomings.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling that it would be dumbed down with better graphics. That seems to be the trend now.

I guess I'll just have to stick with Civ 4. I'm still enjoying the Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn mod.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Go buy it if you are die hard fan of Civilization series.

If you are a casual gamer like me then stay away from it, go get assassin's creed brotherhood or black ops

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Go buy it if you are die hard fan of Civilization series.

If you are a casual gamer like me then stay away from it, go get assassin's creed brotherhood or black ops
I would rather play Civ 1 than black ops

Civ 3 was the best version of Civ for me, apart from being rock hard, it had massive maps too. pointless in civ making it smaller and smaller, just to force your civs together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts