Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that she was a little drunk last night?

Also, did you see the way she laid out slater? His face was bleeding and he was on the ground herping and derping, doing the funky chicken. + Roddy looked pretty concerned lol.

·
HEADBANGA
23,516 Posts
Re: Cindy Laupher

Also, did you see the way she laid out slater? His face was bleeding and he was on the ground herping and derping, doing the funky chicken. + Roddy looked pretty concerned lol.
I lol'd when Roddy said "Medic"! :lmao

·
Banned
821 Posts

I didn't notice this...Because she wasn't drunk.. . . .

You probably thought CM Punk was drunk in that segment recently with Chris Jericho . .

·
Registered
794 Posts

Insane is a kind of drunk.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts

She's an old musician. Not many old musicians that aren't a little fucked in the head from all the drinking and drugs they've done.

I liked the idea of the segment, but it was drawn out and a little weird. IMO they shoulda had Piper out there from the start to move it along and keep it from getting odd and incomprehensible.

Also, instead of having the horrible Heath Slater come out and sing for no reason what-so-ever. They shoulda had Beth come out all pissed off and wanting to beat up Layla and Cindy smash Beth with the record.

·
Registered
913 Posts

I thought Slater was really bleeding and then saw Roddy's face and that confirmed it.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts

She did seem pissed you could tell by the way they had Layla out there with her, leading her on, prompting her, even holding her hand so she stood in the right place(s)

I found it funny when Slater mentioned how Piper didn't like Lauper back in the day, it was one of those comments that fit kayfabe, whilst giving a little nudge to the real life truth. There had been talk for a while about how Lauper wasn't liked and (excuse the pun) a bit of a diva when she went to do work with the WWF back in the 80's. Hence why it took them so long to call her back again for another appearance.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Heath Slater is the only thing that saved this segment and made it worthwhile.

Sent from my Ally using VerticalSports.Com App

Reactions: N-Zone

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

Heath Slater is the only thing that saved this segment and made it worthwhile.
This. Slater was money in this segment. It would have bombed otherwise. No disrepect, but the crowd didn't give a fuck about it until Slater came in, played the obnoxious heel and until Piper came out. They were chanting 'we want Ryder' at the start.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts

You know this shows how low the WWE values Slater when they're having him being laid out by old-time rock stars

·
Banned
9,951 Posts

Rowdy Piper looked genuinely worried about Slater. Who knew Piper was such a sweet guy? lol.

·
Registered
635 Posts

If anyone was drunk it was Piper, slurring most of his words and calling Wendy "Rechter."

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
People were too rough on that segment, she looks AMAZING for a woman that's almost 60

·
Registered
8,189 Posts

You know this shows how low the WWE values Slater when they're having him being laid out by old-time rock stars
I was thinking the same thing, it kind of reminded me of when Jay Leno wrestled at that Hog Wild PPV, and at some points in the match, he was actually winning against Hulk Hogan lol.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I laughed my ass off when Cole apologized for that being such a clusterfuck of a segment because he was right. Nobody cares about Cyndi Lauper in 2012 so it was a waste of time for her to even be there and instead of building something else or at the very least giving us a Ryback match we get....that.

Slater telling the crowd to shut up and saying that nobody cares what they want was awesome. Between that ugly mug of his and the way he works the crowd people would legit hate him if he was given something better to do than job to 'legends' of yesteryear. Another talent wasted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts