Votes: 57 58.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 41.8%
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It was a moment people have been anticipating since last year in Brooklyn. But tonight, the "Psycho Killer" Tomosso Ciampa finally turned on his partner in the most viscous of ways.

Now, the heel turn could not have gone better. The surprise element, the facial expressions of both men, the crowd reaction. Perfect heel turn. And I have no doubt they'll have a great grudge match at Takeover Brooklyn.

But, eventually their feud will end. And in the long run, I just don't think that Ciampa and Gargano are better apart then they are together. And, the main roster could have used them as a tag team.

What do you think?

·
Baby It's Violence
7,196 Posts
This feud should be really really great and WWE don't even have to do much for it, because they have plenty of history now to work off of. That being said, I wonder if we'll ever see them on the main roster as DIY again, they work really well together as a tag team.

As singles, I don't know what you do with Ciampa, but I can see Gargano become a really loved face midcarder or something along those lines. He has this aura to him as a babyface where it's really hard NOT to want to cheer for him, and I can see than translating onto the main roster in some way.

·
Premium Member
11,120 Posts
If their feud is handled well, I think this could be a great thing for Ciampa and Gargano. Gargano is incredibly likable and very sympathetic, so it's pretty much a lock that he'll come out of the feud as a major babyface star for NXT. Ciampa plays the sadistic heel so well and there really isn't a male singles wrestler in NXT in that role right now.

My biggest concern is that NXT is already short on established tag teams and this eliminates their biggest babyface team. Aside from Heavy Machinery, who else do they have?

·
Baby Yoda
30,145 Posts
Good for NXT, horrible for their careers though. Together they could have been a star tag team, alone they're doomed.

They're stuck in the CW division and will be nowhere as over, and will have to stick it out in development for longer.

More months away from that main roster money, all to keep son in laws promotion alive.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Whilst it was a very well executed turn and I'm sure the feud will be great with some awesome matches I just can't see how this was remotely a "best for business" decision. Both the main roster and NXT are currently struggling for decent tag teams and they just broke up one of the best teams in the entire company. I think it's a bad move personally.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
It was a moment people have been anticipating since last year in Brooklyn. But tonight, the "Psycho Killer" Tomosso Ciampa finally turned on his partner in the most viscous of ways.

Now, the heel turn could not have gone better. The surprise element, the facial expressions of both men, the crowd reaction. Perfect heel turn. And I have no doubt they'll have a great grudge match at Takeover Brooklyn.

But, eventually their feud will end. And in the long run, I just don't think that Ciampa and Gargano are better apart then they are together. And, the main roster could have used them as a tag team.

What do you think?
This is what I am trying to cope with in my mind. I feel conflicted because I LOVE them as a tag team (who doesn't?) but I am also excited as Ciampa as a big time heel and I know his match with Gargano is guaranteed to steal the show at Takeover Brooklyn. But exactly as you say, where do they both go after they feud with each other? Will they have any direction as singles guys going forward after that?

This may defy all logic but why not have them have a six month long feud with three or four big matches, they conclude their feud in some crazy stipulation match and then they declare respect for each other afterward? Would that make the split pointless? Maybe, but it means we get the best of both worlds: 1) A fire feud between Gargano and Ciampa and 2) a reunion of DIY down the line knowing they'll go to the main roster on whichever brand with some fresh talent to feud with.

I could see them both getting called up after the next Takeover and being put in the CW division. I imagine Gargano against the likes of Perkins or Neville would be good. With Ciampa and his resurrection of the "Psycho Killer" gimmick it would be intriguing seeing him along the likes of a freshly turn heel Ambrose or someone like Baron Corbin. I think that visually and characteristically speaking, Ciampa forming an alliance with either of those two would be intriguing and worth a try to execute.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
29,445 Posts
Ciampa will fall off and Johnny Wrestling will be the guy to cheer for. That's been the case at every NXT Live Event I've attended.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They were so over tonight so why break them up? The whole thing felt unnecessary and felt like a way to give this Takeover some much needed shock to it since everything else was so underwhelming

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I'm torn... on one hand I really don't think it's a good idea but on the other hand I love the turn and I'm really excited for the feud. I just really hope they have the feud on NXT and it's not transitioned to 205Live because, despite the fact I actually personally enjoy the show, it has too much of a negative reputation already and the feud would not get the reception from the crowd it deserves. Ciampa/Gargano at Takeover Brooklyn 3 will be fantastic and I hope they book the feud well on NXT TV over the coming months :mark:

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Note to self. Never open wrestling forum until after you've seen the shows.

Gonna put this among by other notes.

Notes

-Note to self. Never open wrestling forum until after you've seen the shows.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep these notes.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I liked how the turn was done but I'm not sure about it overall. I feel like they were better together than apart and the MR really does need more legit Tag Teams and DIY could've been a big help in that department.

With that said I do think that Gargano is going to go farther that Ciampa. One thing I've noticed in their matches is that people always seem to chant his name. He also seems very likable too so I do think he could be a good face. But they'll probably stick him in the CS Division. Same with Ciampa.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,444 Posts
In the short term, yes. They're going to have a fantastic match down the line. The long term is much trickier. They're almost certainly more likely to succeed as a team than singles wrestlers imo.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Apparently HHH said on his Facebook live interview that Ciampa 'probably has a significant injury'. Will suck if true as they have some fantastic momentum for the feud from this turn and if Ciampa has to miss an extended period of time it may die down...

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm excited to see where it goes but I really wanted to see DIY on the main roster. Also, who is going to carry the NXT tag team division now?

·
Daddy's Home
2,943 Posts
I really want to love it because it was genuinely shocking and it's a rare time that I can't wait to watch a feud play out(Ambrose/Rollins, Owens/Zayn, and Cena/AJ come to mind), but I agree with the OP. Can't help but think of what happens after the feud. Are they stuck in the CW division? As a tag team they could have been legit stars on the main roster. Especially when you consider how lacking they are in babyface teams, especially teams as over as DIY. Now? It's going to be an unbelievable struggle for these guys to make it. Hell, I could have seen them become singles stars on the main roster AFTER breaking in as a team.

It's definitely bittersweet, but as far as the present goes: I can't wait for Brooklyn. At the very least they just guaranteed at least one main event caliber match, and that doesn't even involve a belt.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I think that was one of the best executed turns since Seth Rollins IMO. I loved them showing the ending graphic then swerving us. The crowd reacted perfectly with their chants towards Ciampa, and Gargano has all the sympathy in the world now. It was VERY well done.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
In retrospect it is, I feel like that RAW and SDL are booked as to what they want to do for the year with the tag division. I feel like they want Revival to be the RAW Tag champs and try to give Enzo/Cass another shake at it. SDL will probably have New Day and AA be at the top so it might make it harder, but they were gonna stay in NXT, they decided that they were gonna extend their life value in NXT with this feud.

It's a hesitant yes, I was super upset, but in the long run, it's a better idea.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts