Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Complete shock but I prefer Ciampa over Knight or Wagner, as hate when a new talent wins title in debut (unless its a lower belt but definitely not world title.)

Would love Ciampa to have a reign similar to Christian's WWECW in that he's clearly the gatekeeper, most experienced and can put on a great match with literally everyone.

Whilst Bron Breaker looks great, I'd rather he loses a match against Ciampa and then has a character tweak before trying against Ciampa a 2nd time as current gimmick is to much Mojo Rawley x "Prototype" John Cena. Love the singlet as a knod to Steiner brothers as does the red siren in entrance theme but can't see why they didn't give him the Steiner name, if they see huge potential in him anyways. Perhaps that's the story, he wants to prove himself first before he seems "worthy" to be called a Steiner.

·
Angry at refs
5,460 Posts
Man, did they really name Steiner's kid "Bron Breakkar"? What an awful name.

Anyways, on topic, Ciampa is 100% a transitional champion. I'd assume they figured that they should get someone with a name behind him first to put over the new guy, which will likely be Bron Breakkar.. fuck that name.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I hope so...would've rather seen LA Knight be that transitional champ than Ciampa but the move to Steiner is 100% the right call
LA Knight deserves a real reign, not a transitional. Ciampa has already BEEN champion, he's had his moments on NXT. and he represents the old NXT so it makes more sense for him to feud with Bron. but I think this means Ciampa needs to be a heel. Bronson should be the babyface in the feud.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
34,776 Posts
I'm salty definitely would've preferred Dunne, haven't been super into NXT since the rise of Cole, Ciampa, and Gargano
Yeah, I wanted Pete to win as well. It seemed like an inevitability with LA Knight getting buried, KOR getting removed, and Vince taking over. I thought Ciampa had no chance in hell, but if he is indeed a transitional champion to Rex Steiner, then I'm fine.

·
Registered
31,242 Posts
Yeah, I wanted Pete to win as well. It seemed like an inevitability with LA Knight getting buried, KOR getting removed, and Vince taking over. I thought Ciampa had no chance in hell, but if he is indeed a transitional champion to Rex Steiner, then I'm fine.
That's what I'm hoping, though with HHH probably not on a long medical leave idk what to expect lol. But as quick as it was, I'm sold on whatever they do with Steiner besides being a jobber

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
Baby Steiner should at least get a feud or 2 under his belt before going for the top title.

This should really kill the whole idea that Samoa Joe wasn't injured when he relinquished it. He could have just as easily been in this match or lost to Ciampa one on one.

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
Jesus christ, surely those Poppa Pump arms aren't going to pass any tests.

No, but Gargano's urine will. :D

Those are some Hulk Hogan circa 1987 arms though, BROTHER.

Reactions: yeahbaby!

·
Mr Big Shot
314 Posts
Poor LA knight. He jobbed twice on the show. Who has he pissed off in management? Fuck. Yet there's shit like Orange Cassidy who never loses and could NEVER lose twice in a two hour show. Just shows sometimes wrestling isn't fair.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,813 Posts
There is no Steiner. If they wanted a Steiner, they would allow him use the name.
A crazy ass character rant where he declares himself to be a Steiner while giving a math lesson when he wins it all is incoming. I mean they gave him the damn siren most people associate with Scott anyhow and they called him a dog faced gremlin. It’s a great plan to build to him going full Steiner in a rant after he wins it all or misses winning it all

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
A crazy ass character rant where he declares himself to be a Steiner while giving a math lesson when he wins it all is incoming. I mean they gave him the damn siren most people associate with Scott anyhow and they called him a dog faced gremlin. It’s a great plan to build to him going full Steiner in a rant after he wins it all or misses winning it all
Sorry but I stopped being that optimistic about something WWE is doing for a long time.
Regardless the name he is using, at least he seems getting pushed. They had a good chance to insert him in the title match last night and walk out as champion, it did not happen though.

·
Registered
I'm WHAT IT IS!
225 Posts
Why aren't they calling him "Steiner". He comes from wrestling royalty. Whoever thought to give him the Bron Breakker name needs to be fired.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Bron Breakker
Dominic Flyyer
Gage Pierrcer

Michael McGillicutty

21 - 40 of 58 Posts