Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
NXT has been centred around smaller, more experienced talent like Johnny Gargano in recent years but, according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, veterans will have their TV time cut in favour of "wrestling students and prospects." Furthermore, WWE will not attempt to make NXT the best wrestling show it can possibly be any longer and Tuesday nights will purely be dedicated to development.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Honestly didn't see that coming but I'm not complaining. You need veterans working with the new, green guys. If anything I'd send more veterans doing nothing but sitting in catering to NXT if they keep adding younger guys. Like Ziggler, Shelton and Bobby Roode.

Anyways it was a good match despite the lack of time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Last guy I expected to win -- I would've even expected the company to have Wagner win over Ciampa.

This is cool. Looks like Breakker is coming for Tommy boy's ass

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
How is he still in NXT... Smh

·
Southern Pride
5,579 Posts
Honestly I thought that Ciampa would have won it back shortly after returning from his neck injury. He hasn't been able to get Goldie back since having to vacate the title. So in a way this is a long time coming to me.

Entirely possible that it's a short reign and he will lose it to Bron Breakker to establish a younger guy being the top focus on the brand.

·
Southern Pride
5,579 Posts
By the way, I wonder what this means for Thatcher. Obviously Ciampa is out of the tag team scene now.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
If Dunne had won people would have just said He OnLy SiGnEd CaUsE hE wAs PrOmIsEd ThE tItLe.
Hopefully NXT does start working on pushing new guys though, most of the NXT talent now has been rotting there for half a decade.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I'm glad Bronson Steiner is getting pushed. I was really worried when they were using him as a security extra. I hate the name they gave him but they give almost all their newly signed talent terrible names so I'm not surprised...but he is now my reason to watch NXT I always liked Scott Steiner and I see a lot of Scott's charm and charisma in him.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts