1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
oh well....wont happen.

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
I think its too late. The time to set him up for that would have been back in 2005-2006. Now, the spark is gone, and his best years are behind him. He can still go in the ring obviously, but the character isn't as fresh.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I'm gonna get hate but I don't care. He doesn't have a look of a maineventer in a big organization. Sure he could be the big dog in ROH or wherever, but if TNA want to be seen on WWE's level they can't have guys like Daniel's as their world champion.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna get hate but I don't care. He doesn't have a look of a maineventer in a big organization. Sure he could be the big dog in ROH or wherever, but if TNA want to be seen on WWE's level they can't have guys like Daniel's as their world champion.
cm punk is the same size as daniels is

·
An inconspicuous fella
1,505 Posts
Daniels don't need the World Title. He has beaten a TNA Grand Slam Champion on Impact. Daniels has nothing left to accomplish in TNA.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Mark Henry is WHC. I'm sure TNA can cope with Christopher Daniels as TNA champion.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hardy no matter what he does even killing the company gets the title whenever he wants but daniels cannot get one reign who has done so much for the company

·
The Sundance Kid
18,149 Posts
hardy no matter what he does even killing the company gets the title whenever he wants but daniels cannot get one reign who has done so much for the company
If Hardy killed the company then this entire conversation is moot as TNA is now dead. Awesome.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
I think its too late. The time to set him up for that would have been back in 2005-2006. Now, the spark is gone, and his best years are behind him. He can still go in the ring obviously, but the character isn't as fresh.
he still had it in 2009, and could have gotten a run with the way his character was working. instead they wasted it all and then jobbed him to Kurt Angle in 15 seconds and no one cared again.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Henry is the 'world's strongest man' and although Punk is no bodybuilder, he is in superior physical shape to Daniels. Daniels is great, don't get me wrong he just doesn't look credible enough to hold their main title.

·
Registered
851 Posts
In a world where Mark Henry is a world champ, daniels should be one. I really do think they should stick with the cocky Daniels. Have him beat AJ and he can feud with roode.

·
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
5,431 Posts
Henry is the 'world's strongest man' and although Punk is no bodybuilder, he is in superior physical shape to Daniels. Daniels is great, don't get me wrong he just doesn't look credible enough to hold their main title.
I have to agree with this outlook. I've always respected and enjoyed Daniels work, but he does not have a marketable look. TNA in 2005 could have managed to get away with putting the belt on him as they had a lot less to lose back then. The company need to be building stars for now and tomorrow, Bobby Roode being a perfect example. Putting your World Title on a 40 year old guy who looks like Golum is not going to appeal to a potential mainstream audience.

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
First off size brought up is beyond stupid. Todays day no one gives a shit about that, Hell AJ is shorter then Daniels.

Anyways No chance in hell that guy is getting a world title anywhere ever. Sorry but only thing he has going is his in ring wrestling ability. To be a big star its a all around package.

Many guys in this company have a lot of character, He is not one of them.

Should be Bobby Roode then James storm to get the belt.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I don't think Daniels should be champion in 2011 or beyond. The time for that has passed. He is good guy to have in the mid card, but shouldn't be anywhere near the main event. Daniels has shown time and time again that he should be no where near the main event. I like the guy but much like Samoa Joe, he is best served in the midcards now. They ship has sailed on both guys and they are not getting better or younger.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts