Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So now he's all of a sudden a face? he's been heel for ever and now for no reason at all he's a good guy? I know SD needs faces but they could have at least came up with a better way to turn him face than just challenging Cody for his title. Around Mania time he was supporting Laurinaitus and was all buddy buddy with him and last week on Raw you have him coming out and going against Laurinaitus, why? it makes no sense. "Oh he's a good guy now he must go against all heel's and be friends with all good guys".

They should have kept him a tweener for a while and then had him turn full face, i just can't stand it when a heel is turned face for no reason at all and starts acting friendly with people he hated not long ago. I'm ok with him turning face but the way they did it was terrible. Have him remain a heel then little by little have him start respecting his opponents and getting clean wins after hard fought matches. Build up to it ffs. Give us a reason why he's no longer on John Laurinaitu's side, like maybe Laurinaitus could have promised him a title shot and kept delaying it.

They handled Bryan's heel turn beautifully, they slowly turned him by having him being a little cocky at first but remaining likable and little by little he got more and more annoying and everyone was hating him (the crowd not the IWC of course).

·
Registered
464 Posts
He was only a heel to little kids and uninformed adults in the first place. Almost everyone that knows how great Christian was and is loves him.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
So now he's all of a sudden a face? he's been heel for ever and now for no reason at all he's a good guy? I know SD needs faces but they could have at least came up with a better way to turn him face than just challenging Cody for his title. Around Mania time he was supporting Laurinaitus and was all buddy buddy with him and last week on Raw you have him coming out and going against Laurinaitus, why? it makes no sense. "Oh he's a good guy now he must go against all heel's and be friends with all good guys".

They should have kept him a tweener for a while and then had him turn full face, i just can't stand it when a heel is turned face for no reason at all and starts acting friendly with people he hated not long ago. I'm ok with him turning face but the way they did it was terrible. Have him remain a heel then little by little have him start respecting his opponents and getting clean wins after hard fought matches. Build up to it ffs. Give us a reason why he's no longer on John Laurinaitu's side, like maybe Laurinaitus could have promised him a title shot and kept delaying it.

They handled Bryan's heel turn beautifully, they slowly turned him by having him being a little cocky at first but remaining likable and little by little he got more and more annoying and everyone was hating him (the crowd not the IWC of course).

the pop he got turned him and he explained it in a wwe.com video

considering how theY treated him he should -have never turned heel in the first place

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Christian was getting face reactions, how much more natural a turn can you get. Why push him any further towards being a heel just to slow burn him back into being a face. I know to us and anybody following the story with him and Ace it doesn't make a lot of sense, but hopefully that can be adressed on TV at some point. Please WWE?

There's an all-things Christian return thread BTW:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/smack...ent-run-future-feuds.html?highlight=christian

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Christian was getting face reactions, how much more natural a turn can you get. Why push him any further towards being a heel just to slow burn him back into being a face. I know to us and anybody following the story with him and Ace it doesn't make a lot of sense, but hopefully that can be adressed on TV at some point. Please WWE?

There's an all-things Christian return thread BTW:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/smack...ent-run-future-feuds.html?highlight=christian
Lets hope so. Also that Christian thread should be stickyed because some people are't gonna go back 5 pages or so to see if theres a Christian discussion thread.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
This. Exactly. The crowd turned him face. Christian really didn't do anything to become a face character wise besides show up and let the crowd cheer for him, which is what they did naturally without Smackdown adding in fake boos every single week he was a heel.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Isn't this what alot of people here wanted anyway? Last I checked nearly everyone hated Christian's last heel run. And it's already been said, he showed up and everyone cheered. Trying to force a heel Christian onto people probably wouldn't have worked anyway. When you make a return from injury, it's pretty much ok to hit a reset button.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Isn't this what alot of people here wanted anyway? Last I checked nearly everyone hated Christian's last heel run. And it's already been said, he showed up and everyone cheered. Trying to force a heel Christian onto people probably wouldn't have worked anyway. When you make a return from injury, it's pretty much ok to hit a reset button.
Ya i'm glad he's a face now but i just wish it was done better, and its not like he's been out with injury and has never shown up since. He was at the rumble taking photos with Laurinaitus, he was on SD leading up to wresltemania on Laurinaitus's team, a month or so goes by and he's now coming out and going against Laurinaitus? thats the only part i don't really like about it. At least have him explain why he's not buddy's with Laurinaitus now, i get that the fans turned him but at least show him disagreeing with Laurinatius and give a reason as to why he's no longer in support of Johnny other than because he's a face now.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Ya i'm glad he's a face now but i just wish it was done better, and its not like he's been out with injury and has never shown up since. He was at the rumble taking photos with Laurinaitus. He was on SD leading up to wresltemania on Laurinaitus's team, a month goes by and he's now coming out and going against Laurinaitus tats the only part i don't really like about it. At least have him explain why he's not buddy's with Laurinaitus now.
I see where you're coming from, but I think it's evident everyone's forgotten about that. He WAS on Johnny's team, but then Punk beat him up on Raw and he got replaced. And I believe that when Christian returned at the Rumble, he got cheered too. I think this is one of the cases where WWE ignoring prior history is good. People want to cheer Christian, so just let them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is just how WWE tends to handle babyface turns now. Over the past couple years, Orton, Edge, Sheamus, and now Christian all just started being booked as faces without actually turning.

I'd love a Peep Show segment where Christian apologizes for his behavior last year (he's certainly had a lot of time to reflect), and/or a segment where he helps Teddy somehow. Have Cody call him a washed-up Attitude Era relic (rekindling their brief feud from a couple years back) and taunt him about his failures against Orton and Sheamus. But I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You know I am really happy he's face but it's just so hard to buy him being a face when he was a cocky whiny heel bitch for the past year.

He goes from heel and hating the fans one day, and literally the next day he's out smiling, looking for the peeps in the crowd and doing everything a face does. It wasn't gradual. It was a complete 180. Yeah he came off of an injury but it was still very sudden. That's the only thing I don't like about this. Still happy he's a face though...what I've learned is he is brilliant at playing both roles to perfection.

And the best part - that god awful ugly blue t-shirt is gone!

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts

Of course his turn could of been better, however that would require WWE to actually value Christian. This is the same company that advertised his return on SmackDown shows, then deliberately no-showed him on several occasions. Any long time fan of Christian, such as myself, knew that WWE wouldn't put any effort into anything Christian related. When he returned in that battle royal at Over The Limit, I initially was a little annoyed that they decided to return him in an irrelevant battle royal that had already started (I thought they would of at least given him a return entrance - this would of also helped with his face turn). However when he won that battle royal, got the big pop from the crowd, had that backstage segment with Cody where he challenged the heel champion to a match, and then went onto win the Intercontinental Title, I thought that was a good enough face turn for me. I was satisfied. Like I said, I wasn't expecting much.

What he did on RAW was hardly surprising. Like you, I can't stand whenever a newly turned face wrestler suddenly acts friendly with all the people he wouldn't of got along with not to long ago, but that's something that's always happened, and it was just a lazy an generic way to get him more familiar with the crowd as a face. The WWE treat viewers like they have the memory of the goldfish, and they expect the viewers to forget events from the past, even if they're only from a few months ago, so they expect the viewers to forget that literally a few months ago he was supporting John Laurinaitis.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Of course his turn could of been better, however that would require WWE to actually value Christian. This is the same company that advertised his return on SmackDown shows, then deliberately no-showed him on several occasions. Any long time fan of Christian, such as myself, knew that WWE wouldn't put any effort into anything Christian related. When he returned in that battle royal at Over The Limit, I initially was a little annoyed that they decided to return him in an irrelevant battle royal that had already started (I thought they would of at least given him a return entrance - this would of also helped with his face turn). However when he won that battle royal, got the big pop from the crowd, had that backstage segment with Cody where he challenged the heel champion to a match, and then went onto win the Intercontinental Title, I thought that was a good enough face turn for me. I was satisfied. Like I said, I wasn't expecting much.

What he did on RAW was hardly surprising. Like you, I can't stand whenever a newly turned face wrestler suddenly acts friendly with all the people he wouldn't of got along with not to long ago, but that's something that's always happened, and it was just a lazy an generic way to get him more familiar with the crowd as a face. As far as him supporting Laurinaitis not too long ago, and now siding against him, well that's also not surprising. The WWE treat viewers like they have the memory of the goldfish, and they expect the viewers to forget things, even if they happened a few months ago.
Ya i agree with most of everything you said.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I hope he doesn't turn into a boring ass no personality face like every other one the WWE has. Let him retain some of that personality please WWE....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts