Wrestling Forum banner

Christian...

6896 Views 70 Replies 53 Participants Last post by  Deshad C.
Can I be daring enough to wish this could lead to Christian screwing Edge at Mania? Christian helps him twice...but Edge doesn't tonight?

Whatta pop he got lol.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
I was almost questioning if they could possibly interject Christian into the Mania match somehow. I never thought the company would put the belt on him...ever. But it would most certainly be unexpected.

· Registered
2,381 Posts
I'm really annoyed with the way they're treating him.. he's one of only a small handful of wrestlers left from the attitude era in WWE, and never held a world title.. now they're using him to enhance a fresh-off-the-boat rookie from NXT. you serious WWE? It's effing insulting to see one of the best workers in the company relegated to putting over newbies when he has the potential to be in the main event.

People must be right about vince hating him.. and if I were him i'd really hate the fact that guys in their 20's are getting pushed to the main event and that guys like Swagger and Ziggler, are referred to as former world champions already. Stupid WWE and its politics.. it will be the downfall of the company some day.

· Registered
2,860 Posts
Christian is defininetly a jobber in the wwe. They almost seem afraid to let him talk. Del Rio comes out and cuts his promo and Christian never got a chance to reply. We all know Christian is one of the best talkers in the business. Easily a match for the greats such as Stone Cold and Jericho.

He's never going to get to display his mic skills in the wwe though. Crowds might actually give a shit if they get some promos. Too bad wwe creative is too stupid to realise it.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I think he will screw Edge over at Mania, I just hope it happens with him as part of the match. Edge/Del Rio is just so...flat, as is. It needs something else to it, and putting in Christian in to make it a triple threat, could easily be that fix. Del Rio can still go over, and Edge and Christian can continue a program post Mania.

· Banned
426 Posts
I'm really annoyed with the way they're treating him.. he's one of only a small handful of wrestlers left from the attitude era in WWE, and never held a world title.. now they're using him to enhance a fresh-off-the-boat rookie from NXT. you serious WWE? It's effing insulting to see one of the best workers in the company relegated to putting over newbies when he has the potential to be in the main event.

People must be right about vince hating him.. and if I were him i'd really hate the fact that guys in their 20's are getting pushed to the main event and that guys like Swagger and Ziggler, are referred to as former world champions already. Stupid WWE and its politics.. it will be the downfall of the company some day.
I said it before in another thread. If Vince "hated" him, he wouldn't even have a job in the company at all. If he started to "hate" him, he'd be fired shortly after. To suggest he "hates" someone because they've never been WWE/WHC is utterly moronic. There were far bigger stars in the past who never held the title. Besides, Christian is getting to the age where he should be used to put other guys over. There is no reason to put either of the main two belts on him.

· #RiseAbove
1,474 Posts
Can I be daring enough to wish this could lead to Christian screwing Edge at Mania? Christian helps him twice...but Edge doesn't tonight?

Whatta pop he got lol.
I love Christian just as much as the next man, but I'm reading this as (and it better be) sarcasm

· Registered
267 Posts
Wow.

This is not something directed just at the people posting on this thread. I've noticed it a lot around here (and on other forums where pro wrestling/sports entertainment is talked about.

The amount of "pop" or "heat" a performer gets seems to be pretty subjective. Some can hear the response and think, "Wow! Everyone's really into Wrestler A!" and others hear the same response and think, "Wow! Nobody really gives a shit about Wrestler A!"

For what it's worth, guys, you're going to hear what you want to hear (or, if the stories about WWE piping in crowd noise are true, what they want you to hear). Judging from the sound you hear on TV might not be the most trustworthy judgement as to how "over" a wrestler is. A good example is last night's Raw. Talking to someone who was in Dallas for the show last night, Austin's pop was enormous, one of the loudest that fan had ever heard (and he's been to several shows for different promotions; he's a decent gauge of how loud an arena can get for a pro wrestler, even brags about being part of the crowd at the WCW show where Goldberg beat Hogan for the WCW Championship). From my seat on my couch in my living room watching Raw on television, I was very disappointed with how quiet the crowd seemed to be. He assured me several times that the live crowd was very hot for Austin's appearance and even for JBL's. (He also told me that the audience was into Christian's appearance, although he didn't receive the pop he used to get, and the reaction was about medium for Del Rio. Just his opinion, though.)

I know...cool story, bro.

wk

· Registered
9,576 Posts
All I got out of that match was how FAT Broadus Clay is and I watched NXT. This is the difference between a computer screen and HDTV. The guy needs to lose another 50-75 lbs and I think he could be a star. Believe it or not Clay used to be 100 lbs heavier than he is now. So he's capable of dropping lots of weight.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.