Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am new to this forum!! I was reading for about a year before i decided to join and 1 thing that has always baffled me is why has Christian not been pushed into the main-event scene yet!?! I don't see the reason as to why he hasn't been pushed... The guy is brilliant in every aspect of professional wrestling, in my opinion!!

So the question i am putting to you guys is: Why has the WWE not pushed Christian into the main-event yet??

By the way, this is the first thread i have started so i apologize for any mistakes i have mad and please don't flame me!! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a break from watching wrestling for a good few years and only recently got back into it just before his return and I read up what he was doing while i wasn't watching... But before he went to TNA, did he do anything wrong backstage or was Vince just not going to push the guy??

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
There's the popular theory that Vince will only ever push one member of a tag-team as a singles wrestler and, once he gave the 2001 KOTR to Edge, that ruled Christian out of the main-event.

He could've main-evented in 2005 but it's believed that Christian (the heel) would've been cheered against Cena (the face) so that, coupled with Edge being the favoured former partner, prevented that.

Since he returned to WWE he hasn't been given the mic time needed to build up a big following amoung the newer fans and get the momentum required. Some attribute this to the fact that he left for TNA which, if true, makes Vince seem immature in the extreme. He certainly has the ability to main-event but I don't believe it will ever happen unless he gets a Benoit push near the end of his career.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jez... Didn't know anything of his signing!! I get the usual 1 member of a tag-team gets pushed bullshit but have they ever pushed the 2 members?? What would be so wrong with it?? They both got the talent!! Its a disgrace that Edge is a 9-time world champion in WWE when Christian has had none!! And I'm an Edge mark!! Hope he gets that push Benoit got!!

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Jez... Didn't know anything of his signing!! I get the usual 1 member of a tag-team gets pushed bullshit but have they ever pushed the 2 members?? What would be so wrong with it?? They both got the talent!! Its a disgrace that Edge is a 9-time world champion in WWE when Christian has had none!! And I'm an Edge mark!! Hope he gets that push Benoit got!!
It goes hand in hand with the poor treatment of tag-teams in general. Feel free to take this with a pinch of salt but during Londrick's High Spots shoot one of them (I think it was Kendrick but I'm not sure) claimed that Shane told him that the last team to make a real impression on him was LOD who were well on their way to becoming legends long before they signed with WWF. I understand the logic behind it, they want to give the impression that the guy they pushed could've been a singles star the whole time but were held back by their partner which requires a de-push.

And no, I don't think there's ever been a situation where both partners have been given equal opportunities after a break-up, ignoring super teams made up of established stars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It goes hand in hand with the poor treatment of tag-teams in general. Feel free to take this with a pinch of salt but during Londrick's High Spots shoot one of them (I think it was Kendrick but I'm not sure) claimed that Shane told him that the last team to make a real impression on him was LOD who were well on their way to becoming legends long before they signed with WWF. I understand the logic behind it, they want to give the impression that the guy they pushed could've been a singles star the whole time but were held back by their partner which requires a de-push.

And no, I don't think there's ever been a situation where both partners have been given equal opportunities after a break-up, ignoring super teams made up of established stars.
Yeah i suppose, tag-team division is pretty much dead at the moment!! Well yeah i get that ad i understand completely with what your saying but its been nearly what, 9-10 years since they fueded last?? So why not put them into a program with the new audience, put Christian over Edge and that will make him look like he didn't need Edge and he can push on to main-event status from there!!

Ah ok... Pity!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Christian comeback angle:

Soaring Eagle will interfere and pull a killswitch on Edge when he is on the verge of beating ADR for his 10th title.

Soaring Eagle is revealed as Christian and celebrates in the ring with ADR and Swagger - creating the new heel power faction on Smackdown led by the bitter veteran Christian.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Christian is always on the wrong place and wrong time. Back in 2005 Vince was pushing guys like Batista and John Cena because they have one main attribute that Vince is very keen on: Looks. Despite being awesome in every aspect of skills, Christian doesn't have an appealing looks, he's not too muscular like Cena and Batista were, he's just like an ordinary tall guy, i think for that reason alone Vince decided not to push him in the main event spot. And it's like a breath of fresh air that Vince is now pushing lots of smaller guys. But unfortunately, Christian is now 36 years old, so in this youth movement his opportunity at getting main event spot is most likely already closed. This is just my take on it.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
If Vince didn't like him why would he resign him?

what proof do people have that Vince genuinely doesn't like him?

Christian comeback angle:

Soaring Eagle will interfere and pull a killswitch on Edge when he is on the verge of beating ADR for his 10th title.

Soaring Eagle is revealed as Christian and celebrates in the ring with ADR and Swagger - creating the new heel power faction on Smackdown led by the bitter veteran Christian.
I actually like that idea. :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well to be fair in todays WWE, the superstars need to able to work the mic... male or female!! And Gail Kim cannot work the mic at all!!
She won the Womens champion if i'm not mistaken in her WWE debut, it has nothing to do with her mic skills the WWE will always try to leave the impression that a TNA wrestler is inferior to a WWE wrestler, even though Christian is as talented as Edge.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts