Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before everybody starts flaming me and simply tells me to dream on hear me out.

If in fact Cena is out for an extended period of time and possibly misses WM, Vince will need a match that is guaranteed to draw to make up for Cena's huge absence.

Is there a bigger possible match in the WWE right now than Christian vs Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship? Especially considering the Brock Lesnar ship has seemingly sailed. The only other huge draw I could imagine would be if they could ink Sting for the HOF and a one match deal which is by far a longer shot than E vs C.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what other matches are available to headline WM that people would care about more? Miz vs Morrison? Sheamus vs HHH? DB vs Tyson Kidd? Ziggler vs Swagger & Kofi? Kane vs Edge? What else does WWE having coming down the pike?

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
I wanna see that match, but Christian is nowhere near the draw that Cena is, although it looks like Cena's injury will heal long before Mania, if for some reason Cena wasn't able to make it to WM27, the big money match WWE would do is HHH vs Undertaker with HBK as the referee, no match will draw more. Of all the possible WM27 mainevents they have thought of, Cena vs Taker, Cena vs Orton, Cena vs Miz, Cena vs Punk, there is a common denominator, John Cena, without him, their basically fucked, Edge vs Christian while is a match I want to see, a match the IWC has been creaming for, for years, it isn't a big draw, maybe on another PPV, but not Wrestlemania.

·
Asuka
96,362 Posts
So what other matches are available to headline WM that people would care about more? Miz vs Morrison? Sheamus vs HHH? DB vs Tyson Kidd? Ziggler vs Swagger & Kofi? Kane vs Edge? What else does WWE having coming down the pike?
They'll think of something, trust me.

Believe me, most people on this site want to see it, but it's completely unrealistic. WWE creative does NOT want Christian in a main event role. If that has not become apparant to you by now then I don't know what else to tell you.

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Edge vs Christian to make up for Cena's absense? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Neither of them are big draws and they certainly can't replace the power of Cena. WWE has a plan; which I think will involve someone coming over from Raw to challenge the WHC.

Christian better be lucky if he even makes the card and if he does, I can see him facing Del Rio, not Edge.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Christian vs Edge just isn't big enough for a title match at Mania, maybe if it was Edge/Christian/Del Rio but a straight up Christian vs Edge match does not seem possible.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I personally would love to see the match between Edge and Christian at WM involving the world title because the build-up should be epic and we know the foundation of this potential feud is already strong, obviously the fact that Christian never wins the world championship in WWE will be the main focus of this storyline, and this could lead to an emotional moment when Christian winning the world title at WM. I've always been a fan of Edge (he's been so stale these days but i'll always have a soft spot for him) and i've never been that big of Christian supporter but i've quite liked him since his return to WWE especially during his ECW title reign (a lot of his matches were so entertaining) so this best friends rivalry is one of things i'm really expecting to happen during Road to WM. However, Christian isn't that big of a name, he's more or less in the same position as R-Truth on the card right now, and the pops he got at recent Slammys episode was decent at best, i'm not sure if Vince will put him on the card let alone the main event, but anything can happen in WWE so i'll always remain optimistic, heck, none ever thought that Kane would win the world title yet he did or even recently there's a rumor that they signed Awesome Kong to a contract which was totally out of nowhere and caught me by surprise considering WWE usually signed "playboy models" (unrelated note but i think you get my point).

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
Christian isn't a draw so even comparing him to Cena is ridiculous. Nonetheless, I'd love to see the feud happen.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never said that Christian or Edge on their own was a big enough draw to make up Cena's loss, I just think if given enough mic time and built up properly this match could be a viable Smackdown main event.

With Undertaker possibly missing mania, and even if he is back in time will possibly facing Wade Barret, this puts Edge as the top face of Smackdown heading into mania. Make Christian the jealous friend and bring back his cocky heel persona and I think he could quickly make the fans hate him.

And telling me to dream on then saying the main event is going to be HHH vs Undertaker w/ Shawn Michaels as guest referee? Come on now...

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
it could and happen but your reasons would make little difference to weather it happens or not. hhh, taker, orton and nexus could be used as draws, anyone else below them in the roster wouldnt really be used to replace cena. its been said hes not out for months anyway.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
I hope people realize that Christian vs Edge is actually one of the top suggestions being taken right now by the WWE atm.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I don't buy that these two can "replace" Cena, but WWE has been throwing hints of Edge vs. Christian at us left and right. You'd have to be purposely ignoring them to see otherwise.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
I don't buy that these two can "replace" Cena, but WWE has been throwing hints of Edge vs. Christian at us left and right. You'd have to be purposely ignoring them to see otherwise.
What hints are being thrown together of a Edge Vs Christian program? I hope your not talking about that reunion they had at the Slammy's, don't let WWE draw you in with getting your hopes up to only be let down like they randomly do lately.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
What hints are being thrown together of a Edge Vs Christian program? I hope your not talking about that reunion they had at the Slammy's, don't let WWE draw you in with getting your hopes up to only be let down like they randomly do lately.
They have been hinting it all year. First, with the Edge heel turn. Then they face each other in Toronto. Then they becomes friends again(lol), and Edge has been saying Christian's name a lot lately.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts