Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he is IMO, when talking about the greatest mid-carders ever almost everyone will name:
Owen Hart, Mr.Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Jake the Snake Roberts Or even Razor Ramon but for me Christian was better than those guys in every way, he had and still has tons of charisma, at one point was one of the best in the ring, his promos were superb, he was always in shape and gave Randy Orton the best matches of his career back in 2011, not to mention Christian won every championship in WWE and was also extremely successful in TNA.
do you think Christian is the GOAT mid carder?

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,991 Posts
Yep, I agree with you there. Christian is one of the best WWE midcarders of all time :eek:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Christian has a HoF worthy career easily, his catalog alone surpasses a lot of wrestlers. Including the fact that he made people care about the Big Gold Belt again post-Swagger with one of the most memorable title wins ever.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Everyone has a different definition of who was mid carders. For example there are a few names in the OP that I don't classify as mid carders. By my personal definition I'm going with Arn Anderson.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Christian is the full package and should have succeeded in WWE as a main carder IMO, looking at Edge's career now there's no reason why Christian couldn't have become that big. So yes, most likely Christian is the GOAT mid-carder for WWE 2000+ era.

·
Banned
531 Posts
o its pretty obvious WWE never really wanted to get behind this guy for whatever reason or reasons 2003, 2004, 2005 IMO easily one of the best on the roster (sure his injury in 04 killed a lot of momentum if not all but still)

I kind of feel like they were like this with Dolph Ziggler as well but what do I know? just saying does anyone have Ziggler over Shinsuke ( yeah I didn't think so)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Chris Jericho won multiple World Championships, especially relevant titles (like in 2001), I don't see how he can be considered a mid carder when clearly he was a top main eventer at prime age. Now that he tours a lot + maybe has won everything there is, of course at a higher age he would go back to a mid card-position. By that logic though we could take almost every wrestler ever into consideration because they all, at some level, moved up to mid card or back down at a higher age.

Christian never had a real breakthrough as a main eventer on a constant level, if I remember correctly he had his best standing in WWE around 2005 around Eddie Guerrero's death on SmackDown! and then on ECW (correct me if I'm wrong) which in relation to wrestlers like Chris Jericho, is absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would put all of the names you mentioned in the OP above him. Not to say I don't rate him but thought those names are more deserving.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,199 Posts
Jake Roberts
Mr Perfect
Ted DiBiase
Razor Ramon
Arn Andersen

Probably five guys who were better mid-carders. But this all opinion

·
Registered
22,749 Posts
Hell no Christian is funny and a Hall of Famer but Jericho and Dolph easily surpass him in my lifetime. I also hate Christian as a wrestler though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts