Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently Christian made a return tonight at this years Slammy Awards. He and Edge together was one of the highlights of tonight. Do you think he'll return to Smackdown this week, too? Maybe make several appearances until his arm is fully healed or make another return?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Apparently? No, he was there, that's a fact.

I don't think he's getting put back on tv until he's healed, they just wanted an appropriate moment for Edge getting his award.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
Perhaps he can become a cheer leader/manager type figure going into the PPV (it can be explained on SD) and helps Edge win the belt in the TLC match. Edge and Christian both laugh it up for the next month and make smackdown watchable. Then at the Rumble, Edge is working ADR in a title match and then Christian rips off the sling and fucks over Edge. Then the program takes place until Mania (I know, it reeks of the Hardy angle from2 years ago but maybe they can do this one right)

OR REALITY CHECK, Christian will return after the first of the year and be used to get guys like Rhodes over.

I want the former, but we all know the latter is taking place.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I don't think so. I think this was just a one-time thing. I'd expect him to be back in time for the Rumble, though.

Pyro™;9133862 said:
Apparently? No, he was there, that's a fact.
:lmao

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Not counting on it.
Think he'll be back when his arm is fully healed (unless of course, it's healed by the time SD airs).

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I wish Vince would actually say that, so that for the first time in the history of this "Vince hates Christian" argument, it would actually have some validity... ~_~

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I wish Vince would actually say that, so that for the first time in the history of this "Vince hates Christian" argument, it would actually have some validity... ~_~
You don't need see/hear it from Vince's mouth in order to know what's up. He didn't give Booker T, DDP, and countless other WCW made stars a real opportunity. The only two off the top of my head who got a shot at headlining PPV's was Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero, but they're two guys who worked their asses off until they did. Not to say the others did not, but Vince feels if he didn't build them, they're not entirely worth it. That said, it irked Vince that he went to TNA and made a name for himself. He's one of the best workers in the WWE and is great on the mic as well. Yet he's in the same stance as boring guys like Drew McIntyre and Ted Dibiase.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
You don't need see/hear it from Vince's mouth in order to know what's up. He didn't give Booker T, DDP, and countless other WCW made stars a real opportunity. The only two off the top of my head who got a shot at headlining PPV's was Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero, but they're two guys who worked their asses off until they did. Not to say the others did not, but Vince feels if he didn't build them, they're not entirely worth it. That said, it irked Vince that he went to TNA and made a name for himself. He's one of the best workers in the WWE and is great on the mic as well. Yet he's in the same stance as boring guys like Drew McIntyre and Ted Dibiase.
He gave Chris Jericho alot of love. :p

And he also gave Booker a lot of love as well. He just doesn't like the fact that Christian left WWE for TNA. I think it's the same way with Gail Kim.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Don't go anywhere, okay? I'm currently compiling a list of questions I have for Vince. Since you two are dawgs I'd like the answers fairly soon.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
He gave Chris Jericho alot of love. :p

And he also gave Booker a lot of love as well. He just doesn't like the fact that Christian left WWE for TNA. I think it's the same way with Gail Kim.
But this treatment has been going on even before Christian left...it's why he left in the first place.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
EvoLution™;9134047 said:
He doesn't have to. A guy as talented as Christian can't be held back from the main event unless he's BEING held back directly by the brass, and if Vince doesn't want to hold him back, nobody else can. It's impossible. He's excelled in every single area of the business, ring work, mic work, charisma, gotten over hugely, but every single time, his momentum is ruined and mediocre drones like Sheamus and Kane steal the position HE earned instead. There's no other word for it. People can't even use the "he doesn't have the look" argument anymore either now that The Miz is WWE Champion. If he was LIKED, he would be on top of the world.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I think he'll win a World Title in the future.
The problem is people proclaim when he's gonna get pushed and win a World Title, then get pissed when it does'nt happen (ex. Hardy's attacker, WM 25 MITB, WM 26 MITB)

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I think he'll win a World Title in the future.
The problem is people proclaim when he's gonna get pushed and win a World Title, then get pissed when it does'nt happen (ex. Hardy's attacker, WM 25 MITB, WM 26 MITB)
It's because he's not getting any younger. The more time passes, the more superstars will enter the fray in the Main Event scene and the less chance he gets of even getting a #1 contender's match

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
It's because he's not getting any younger. The more time passes, the more superstars will enter the fray in the Main Event scene and the less chance he gets of even getting a #1 contender's match
The only recent superstars put into the main event scene have been Swagger, Punk, Barrett & Sheamus and Punk & Swagger have been sent back down the card.

Guys like Undertaker & Mysterio have been in & out of the main event scene since they won their first World Titles.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
EvoLution™;9134047 said:
Vince McMahon hates anything with a pulse.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts