Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently read that Christian is doing well in physical therapy and should be able to return by Royal Rumble. I know Orton is the current pick to win the Rumble, but I think it would be awesome to see him return and win it.

Now on to the point of this post...

If he were to win the rumble, I would like to see him challenge Edge (who would win the title at some point in my story) at Mania. Since Edge is pretty much face right now, this would be a great opportunity to turn Christian heel, which IMO, is a better Christian.

It doesnt have to quite play out like my idea, but should Christian turn heel? Or stay face?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hmmm... this could definitely work. Honestly I would be ecstatic for an Edge/Christian feud, no matter what roles they took. I'd love to see a major program with these two over the World Title, with Christian comming close but never actually capturing the gold in the end. Sorry, I respect the hell out of Christian but I just can't see him as WHC.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I vote for Christian returning at the Royal Rumble where it looks like he's gonna help Edge in his match with Del Rio for the World Title. Everyone will think Christian is there to neutralize Del Rio's ring announcer Ricardo Rodriquez but then pull's a Matt Hardy and turns on Edge which leads to his heel turn and your new champion Del Rio.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Should work, provided titles aren't involved. Hard to support a (by then) ten time world champion face against a 0 time WWE-Universe world champion heel.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts

:gun: I respect the hell out of Christian but I just can't see him as WHC.

:(
WWE has had too many miss opportunities with the poor guy.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'd like to see him feud with Edge but I don't really think he's a credible Royal Rumble winner. I'm not saying I don't like the guy but in WWE terms, he's a midcarder that hasn't been getting any big push. Usually, the Rumble is either given to a big star or someone that is on the verge of becoming a star and the Rumble seals it. I don't see either of them in Christian at the minute.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think if given a heel run, he could be a good world champion. like i said before, I think Christian is better as a heel. he seems forced as a face. it doesnt have to be a really long run either. maybe 2 or 3 months. nobody probably thought that benoit or eddie would be world champions either at one point and look at them now...er, that came out wrong.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'd rather see him stay as face tbh, when he returns he's bound to continue his feud with Alberto Del Rio who is a major heel, he should turn heel only when he feuds with Edge. Heck, even i'm sure face Christian vs Edge could work too since Edge's character is still very heelish.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I will celebrate long into the night if Christian returns and wins the Royal Rumble, him vs Edge at Wrestlemania for the world title is the stuff dreams are made of.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Yes. He's stale as fuck as a face in the current WWE landscape. Christian as a face when his promos aren't overly scripted and dumbed down for 6 year olds? Sure, but otherwise he is bland as fuck and has so much more to offer as a heel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes. Would probably need a some mid/uppermid face turns tho, I find MVP pretty painful to watch as a face, but you cant have all heels!

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Christian is great in any role, he actually works better as a face than Rey at times. Like during the feud with alberto, i just wanted christian to knock alberto out.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Hiplop™;9055458 said:
Christian is great in any role, he actually works better as a face than Rey at times. Like during the feud with alberto, i just wanted christian to knock alberto out.
You sure that's not Alberto's exquisite work as a heel?

Edge/Christian at Mania is indeed what dreams are made of. A good send off to Edge's career I think, as he would of been 10 time champion by then and he will drop the title to Christian, a perfect finish.

·
Registered
895 Posts
CLB + Jumpsuits for the EPIC WIN!!!!

I would die a happy man if i got to see an Edge v Christian WHC match at Mania XXVII. They could play an angle where after 4 months on the sidelines and watching Edge get another world title, sends CC into jealous rage mode and thus a enables a return of the CLB. Seeing newcomers like ADR just take what he wants and step over whoever is in his way, gives Christian the motivation to do the same. He's not waiting for a shot at the world title anymore, he's going to take it. And who better to face than his old tag partner and best friend Edge?

His WHC win at Wrestlemania will reek of awesomeness, why? ........... Because thats how he rolls!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts