Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's great in the ring and everything but this one more match shtick is getting really stale and whats worse is he's just one of the many heels on SD and one of they very few main event heels and has nothing to do but beg for one more match and its getting really stale

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
i love his one more match gimmick, it will get stale but at the moment its fun plus there are only a two main event faces in sheamus and orton and two heel main events stars in henry and christian so it balances its self out

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
He'll get there eventually. Even with decent booking, his one more match gimmick is going to lead to a face turn when he gets that one more match. He's running out of top face opponents to face which will also bring him to a face turn. He's already faced Orton, he's facing Sheamus, he's at the point where he's faced every top face on Smackdown multiple times and they'll have to flip him face. Somewhere between the beginning of 2012 and WrestleMania he'll be a face.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
One More Match gimmick is brilliant. Fans will be so annoyed with him he'll be getting monster heat inside a month's time.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
His 'one more match' schtick is not even a fortnight long yet so how can it be getting old?

I think the next thing Christian should do should be to steal the one thing that could get him 'one more match'...the MitB case, he and Bryan could really have a great feud and it's the perfect way to build DB up again

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Yeah he looks like a little bitch whining and complaining now. He needs to be repackaged either as a face or a heel.

·
7,744 Posts
Personally I love the whole "One more match" gimmick, it keeps him relevant about the title, plus he's meant to come across as a whiny and annoying heel which it seems to achieve perfectly. Along with him joining the whole conspiracy stable, of which he is actually the most senior and the guy I assume will lead it, Christian being booked as the chickenshit heel is the best way to book him; since he isn't a believable threat like guys like Henry and Sheamus, he's someone who uses his wits to get ahead by any means neccessary.

Besides, he's the most established heel on smackdown and I like the idea of him working with Sheamus. They'll put on good matches and promos, I'd sure as hell prefer that as the world title feud to Orton/Henry

·
Registered
996 Posts
I never understood why they turned him heel. even though people blame orton it was the craetive for fucking that up. I would have loved the feud if they were both faces like at over the imit. I also think if they kept christian face he might have had a better title run

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
I never understood why they turned him heel. even though people blame orton it was the craetive for fucking that up. I would have loved the feud if they were both faces like at over the imit. I also think if they kept christian face he might have had a better title run
it would have been actually great cause it would have been 50/50 and it would add more suspense to the match but well i am ok with the onmorematch gimmick but creative tends to fuck good things up so lets see

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Instead of wishing Christian to turn face (TRUST ME, I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TOO), we can keep on tweeting #OneMoreMatch so they can get it trending. WWE will finally understand that he deserves ONE MORE MATCH and they'll give it to him. THEN he can turn face in the process of getting the WHC.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,782 Posts
I like Christian as a heel with him joining the others with the conspiracy shtick, because I was starting to get slightly annoyed with the whole 'one more match' thing. It makes him look like a whiny little bitch, and I believe he deserves to be a better kind of heel than that.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I get what you all are saying but I just don't like it because it makes no sense. Christian went from standing up to anybody at any time and didn't care how big you were. He did it with Mark Henry, Sheamus, Swagger, everybody. Now he's running from everybody. It just doesn't make sense at all. But at least he's still relevant...

·
Asuka
96,232 Posts
He's not going to get anywhere as a face, too far down the pecking order. Orton is face, Sheamus is face, he'd gradually be pushed behind Sin Cara, and he'll even fall behind Daniel Bryan once they use his MITB push, provided that they don't turn him heel. He's comfortably better off as a heel.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Yeah that's why I said at least he's still relevant. He's the #2 heel instead of the #7 face so to speak...it just didn't make sense for me...

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I think as a face, he could do the #onemorematch thing, but it has to be against a monster like Mark Henry. A guy who keeps dominating him physically but he keeps coming back for more.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I think as a face, he could do the #onemorematch thing, but it has to be against a monster like Mark Henry. A guy who keeps dominating him physically but he keeps coming back for more.
That's how the gimmick is going to evolve. He's going to get that one more match but it's going to be against a more dominant heel, flipping him face in the process. As a cowardly heel screaming one more match, his time is limited as people are eventually not going to care one way or the other. Steps have to be taken to actually give him the title shot, either with help from this new stable or by his own actions, and TLC is coming up. He should have that circled on his calender.

·
Banned
1,618 Posts
One More Match gimmick is brilliant. Fans will be so annoyed with him he'll be getting monster heat inside a month's time.
it really is a funny gimmick and a great heat magnet. Its amazing how he's lost so many matches but still keeps heat. He's finding himself again as a heel, I always look forward to hearing Christian on the mic these days.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts