Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source - Wrestlezone

WWE is advertising that injured superstar Christian will be returning to the ring at this Tuesday night's Smackdown taping at the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, MI.

Christian has been out since he injured his ankle back in November of 2011, and although cards can always change, it seems as if he will be making his long awaited return to TV at the taping Tuesday night.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Don't job to Sheamus, don't job to Sheamus, don't job to Sheamus.....

He's gonna job to Sheamus, isn't he. ~_~

Well, at least it'll be great to have an interesting person on SmackDown for once.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't job to Sheamus, don't job to Sheamus, don't job to Sheamus.....

He's gonna job to Sheamus, isn't he. ~_~

Well, at least it'll be great to have an interesting person on SmackDown for once.
Probley not... Sheamus is too busy with Daniel Bryan to be having Christian to deal with too.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Whats Captain Charisma going to do, Form an alliance with Ace i suspect, after all he was part of the original plan to have Ace as both GMs

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Probley not... Sheamus is too busy with Daniel Bryan to be having Christian to deal with too.
Too busy? Everybody has tune up matches going into the PPV. Christian just did one getting assraped by Punk (which is ok, because Punk's better, Sheamus is not) when he was working with Jericho, Henry's been fighting Punk even though Punk's working with Jericho, Sheamus and Del Rio fought off to the side of the Sheamus/Bryan feud and Tensai got a match with Cena out of nowhere while he's working with Brock Lesnar of all people. This is common.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back as a face and feuds w/ Del Rio.

There's really not much else for him to do, other than what, feud with Show? Oh god, oh god no.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
He was in a house show match, right? A tag team or something.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
YES! YES! YES!

i really do hope he comes back as a face otherwise he will end up being fodder for sheamus

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
YES! YES! YES!

i really do hope he comes back as a face otherwise he will end up being fodder for sheamus
Christian needs to return as a face or else he will end up fodder for any top face, just like he was before his injury. Smackdown has way too many heels for him to return as one and be booked decently on the card. As a heel, he'll get booked behind Bryan, Rhodes, Del Rio, Henry, Sandow, Cesaro, and any other FCW heel newcomers that they add in the next month or so.

Christian adds to Smackdown and could do a whole lot more if WWE would book him properly.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like they'll be ignoring what Punk did to him and that the terrible Punk-Jericho program will continue. Shocking.

Anyway, either Bryan or Christian has to turn face in order to balance things out, as there are currently three face contenders (Sheamus, Show, and Orton) and five heel ones (Bryan, Henry, Cody, del Rio, and Christian). Or could Henry be the one to turn? They've teased it during his interactions with Laurinaitis and Otunga.

In an ideal world, Show/Orton and Bryan/Christian would switch alignments, but that's not happening. I'd love to see Bryan and Sheamus shake hands after a 30-minute match at the PPV (thus turning Bryan face and endearing Sheamus to those who have turned on him recently), but with AJ's continued involvement and Bryan's treatment of her, that's pretty unlikely.

Post-Extreme Rules: Sheamus-del Rio, Bryan-Orton, Show-Christian, Henry being used to put Ryback over, and Cody to Raw to complete the del Rio deal.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Can a guy hope for the return of his Waterproof Blonde version of "Just Close Your Eyes" or did that ship sink years ago?

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Having him job to fella is probably the best case scenario, I'm just worried he'll be jobbing to Ryberg.
How can having Christian job good in anyway? Seriously?

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
How can having Christian job good in anyway? Seriously?
Because losing to Sheamus wouldn't matter as he's Sheamus and he beats everyone, having him lose to an upcoming guy who has only been squashing local jobber would make him look weak.

Listen, best case scenario is that he beats the fella for the Title but that ain't gonna happen, I'm being realistic and I honestly wouldn't be that annoyed if he is used as a filler for Sheamus, as long as he cuts them awesome promo's I'm happy.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Christian coming back to job to Sheamus would literally be the worst booking possible. He did that before his injury and ended up losing all of his momentum. Now that Sheamus has the WHC, they'd protect him even further and Christian would look like a complete joke in his return matches. Now WWE might do that, but unless they planned on turning Christian face right after that, he wouldn't recover.

Besides, Sheamus should stay involved with Bryan. Sheamus dominating over Bryan is making him a more hated heel and in the long run is helping Bryan. Bryan needs to continue on that path and have a few more matches with Sheamus as Sheamus is putting him over in the process.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts