Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now I know what people are thinking. This is going to be another one of those Christian cock sucking threads, or Christian isn't going to be world champ. But hear me out. A lot of us have wanted to see Christian get a push for a long time, and win the World Heavyweight Championship, or even the WWE Championship. So I was thinking Maybe the first step of building him to the Championship, and putting him back on track is to have a fued with a Maineventer. We all saw Sheamus fued with Triple H, and how well it worked for Sheamus. So maybe the same could happen to Christian, and who better then to have Christian face off with his brother Edge.

Ever since the promo they cut at the last Smackdown that Edge was at where they interacted for the first time in ages. We've all sort of said, this fued needs to happen. Hell even when he returned to the WWE we said that. But right now is not the time really because of them being on seperate shows. But come Royal Rumble, maybe they both enter the Battle Royal, and have a staredown before Christian manages to eliminate Edge. Christian also get's eliminated but the next night on Raw, Edge cuts a promo about how enraged he is, while on Smackdown Christian cuts one on Edge. Eventually at Elimination Chamber, maybe Edge interfers in Christian's match and attacks him, then they end up fighting until they're seperated. Thus the match has already been set up for Mania, with Christian coming out victorious at the end of the fued. Then after that fued have Christian challange the World Heavyweight/WWE Champion and win.

Now I realise some might say, that it would be better for Christian to win the title at Mania because it would be a historic moment, but beggars can't be choosers. But that's what I think should happen. What does everyone else think?

Also Wrestlmania is famous for having brother vs brother matches, I.E Bret and Owen Hart, Undertaker and Kane and Matt and Jeff Hardy. So this would also be another brother vs brother or something.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Well I think it would be better to have Christian eliminate Edge from the Royal Rumble and then have an enraged Edge return back into the match and eliminate him and brutally beat him down just like Angle did to HBK and HBK to Jericho, which kicked off their WM feuds.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There's no doubt that an Edge/Christian match at WrestleMania would be awesome. As someone who has been a fan of both and followed them through their careers, nothing would give me more satisfaction. Especially after seeing that match they had on the 5/17 RAW. It would be nice to see the feud lead to Christian getting a push and a world title run, but it's not likely. That having been said, Kane just recently won the WHC, so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
they are becoming less and less relevant as time goes on, so they'd have to capitalize on it soon. i mean, with so much of the fanbase being younger people know, there isn't nostalgia there. it's like when Stone Cold came back on Raw, and he got a huge pop, but it wasn't bigger than Cena's. Cena, a guy who is on every week. and kids looked confused as shit as to why that guy was there and constantly saying hell and stuff.

now, they did re-hash it a smidgen when they had a very brief dispute which was nice, and i DO want to see a whole feud with them, i just hope they get everyone into it and really delve into their history, as they are arguably the greatest tag team ever.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Ok no offense,but Christian Vs Edge isn't happening anytime soon unless Edge goes to SD in two months. Second of all Christian is 36,and Edge is as injury prone as he's ever been there's no chance they'd trust him with the title again at this point. Third of all Edge has been a Main Eventer for years now while Christian has floated around the mid-card for years. If Christian Vs Edge was to happen at WM a World Championship wouldn't be anywhere near the match.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
It would be a nice little undercard match. We ALL KNOW it should be more than that, but WWE will never do anything of substance with their history.

I just want CC to turn heel and have a mic in his hand. If he can do those 2 things I don't care where he is on the card. I want CC to become entertaining again above anything else.

·
Registered
890 Posts
This definitely needs to happen and to make it better it should be a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match. Now I'd pay good money to see that. Well I suppose if it was at Mania I'd have to pay :p

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
These 2 faces off in a TLC match, preferably for a title, would literally give me multiple orgasms. Seriously, I'd be marking out more than anybody else thought possible.

It must happen!

·
Registered
178 Posts
First things first if what looks to be Edge and Jericho reuniting then give'em the belts and have them go to SD! so they can interact. Christian could possibly feud with Edge and Jericho who he both has a history with and then add along a face like Kofi or Hardy (I prefer Kofi) to be tag team with Christian and feud for the titles.

Work from there.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Sadly, I don't see it happening. Christian is being made to be more and more irrelevant each week.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Why exactly? This is a dream match imo and it would be great if their was a title on the line. Christian needs to win a world title before he retires.
A dream match for smarks but that's it. Edge's stock has fallen alot the past couple years and he's a shell of his former self. Christian isn't over at all with the casual fans. Not his fault though it's WWE's fault for never pulling the trigger when he was over. In 2011 this match really wouldn't intrest many people at all.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok no offense,but Christian Vs Edge isn't happening anytime soon unless Edge goes to SD in two months. Second of all Christian is 36,and Edge is as injury prone as he's ever been there's no chance they'd trust him with the title again at this point. Third of all Edge has been a Main Eventer for years now while Christian has floated around the mid-card for years. If Christian Vs Edge was to happen at WM a World Championship wouldn't be anywhere near the match.
There dosen't have to be a title involved. A mainevent fued is what Christian needs in order to get pushed, and after he's done with Edge, have him win the title in another fued.

It would be a nice little undercard match. We ALL KNOW it should be more than that, but WWE will never do anything of substance with their history.

I just want CC to turn heel and have a mic in his hand. If he can do those 2 things I don't care where he is on the card. I want CC to become entertaining again above anything else.
I don't know, they played it off quite well in their interaction, and WWE constantly remind us of Edge and Christian so they may very well.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The five matches I want to see at WM27 are the following :

Edge (c) vs Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus (c) vs Chris Jericho (face) for the WWE Championship
Triple H (heel) vs Rey Mysterio
John Cena (heel) vs Undertaker
Kofi finally winning MitB (if there's gonna be one)

Wishful thinking, I know... :sad:

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I've got to say that even though it wouldn't make sense to any current storyline that I'd have no problem what-so-ever if they did Christian Vs. Edge at Summerslam.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'd love to see Christian move to RAW and start a 3-way feud with Edge and Jericho. they all have backstory with eachother, and handled well, it could be an amazing feud storyline.

also, the resulting Triple Threat ladder match would be awesome.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts