Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“I was having a discussion about this with someone recently, and what’s interesting, when we think about people who have really broken out into Hollywood, there’s the three names that always come up, it’s Rock, it’s Batista and it’s John Cena, and what’s interesting about all three of those people is they completely left wrestling behind to kind of forge this new path for themselves,” Van Vliet explained. “So I don’t think that if you really want to make it in Hollywood, I don’t think you can be an active wrestler.

“I think you have to say, alright, what I’ve done in the ring is my career. That’s that. I’m now starting this new career in Hollywood. So I think if it’s Becky or I think if it’s Roman, they’re gonna start to put in the work now with those guest spots, and we’ve seen that. Roman’s been in a few things. I think, though, that if they really want to take it seriously, they have to dive all the way in, and I love the phrase that says ‘if you chase two rabbits, you’ll catch none,’ and I think that that’s really true. I don’t think that you can be uber successful like The Rock has been or like John Cena is now getting sure if you’re dipping your toe in both worlds.”

Article

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
Obviously you have to leave wrestling altogether if you want a serious acting career. Movie studios don't want to commit to someone who could end up getting seriously hurt in a match, it would disrupt production. They wouldn't want to take that risk.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Roman can act for shit. He is boring when it comes to acting. Wwe is a better option for him
That doesn't matter. All you really need for blockbuster action roles is a marketable look, they can work around the rest. He can't and won't wrestle forever, he's 36 now, I'd expect him to start winding down in 5 to 6 years before transitioning to full time acting.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
I'm not going to see anything just because he's in it, he's not that interesting to me. I thought he was ok in Hobbs and Shaw, because he barely spoke lol. That being said, he does need to leave WWE if he wants to act. They'll end up making him star in The Marine part 10 or something like that.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I think Reigns will do decent but I don't see him having the same success as Rock, Cena or Batista.

Why not stay in the WWE? The whole company has revolved around him and Brock since 2015. Why go anywhere else?

·
rasslin
9,054 Posts
It’s too early for Roman to go anywhere.

Cena was on top for many many many years before leaving and Rock was on top durning the biggest period in wrestling history.

Give Roman 5-6 more years and wrestling and hope the audience grows and then have him try his hand in Hollywood.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Btw, Roman wouldn't find it hard to get into Hollywood. Too many blockbuster movies looking for guys like him. His acting comes secondary. Batista is dyslexic and known to mess up his lines. He eventually got his big role and he didn't look back. Roman has The Rock's help so it will be easier.

Having said all that, who says Roman wants to become an actor anytime soon? I can see him wanting to go the Randy Orton route, being a WWE lifer.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Vince isn't the one calling the shots. Will his push and protection continue? That's where he might decide to call it quits.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
It's so risky.

Tbh I know not a lot people had any faith that Batista or Cena could make it big when they first started out. They thought Rock was the one exception. So maybe Roman can do it.

Maybe. Batista forged his path because he truly has range as an actor. Cena too, but it's still around the comedic range. Rock has more solidified himself as an action/badass hero at this point.

It's up to Roman to see where his action path goes. He's a pretty guy but I mean.. Hollywood has hundreds of those.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the people who say he is boring I don’t think it matters cuz he has the Hollywood look. That’s all he really needs , I’m sure he can say a few lines and do an action movie easily. I think people would be into it cuz he looks like a believable action kinda guy

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Rock and Batista fine.

Calling Cena a Hollywood star is a stretch. Apparently his biggest film is Daddy's Home grossing nearly $250m and he doesn't even appear in the cast for it on IMDB. I've never heard of any of the movies he has been in.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It is impossible to wrestle in the middle of a production. Ignoring the touring schedule for a second, if a bump goes wrong or someone gets a black eye or a cut they'll have to suspend production. If production gets suspended several people will lose there jobs. It's extremely reckless and selfish to even contemplate wrestling other than when you've finished filming and you're waiting for your next project to start.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Rock and Batista fine.

Calling Cena a Hollywood star is a stretch. Apparently his biggest film is Daddy's Home grossing nearly $250m and he doesn't even appear in the cast for it on IMDB. I've never heard of any of the movies he has been in.
You've not heard of Fast and Furious or Suicide Squad?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts