Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Zombo
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After he took that bump to the outside, Sabin couldn't really put any weight on his leg and was a non-factor for the remainder of the match... has the injury bug bitten him again, so soon after returning? I feel terrible for the guy if it's serious

I figure one thread would work for any updates that are posted on his status.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
It looks like the Observer is currently the only site with any sort of update and even they aren't reporting anything definitive.

I feel bad for the guy. Shelley breaks his collarbone which leads to Sabin sitting at home for most of 3 months despite it looking like he was going to move into singles competition before Shelley went down. The day Shelley returns and it looks like Sabin is finally going to be used again, Sabin blows out his knee when his opponent was out of position and is out a couple weeks short of an entire year. He returns to little fanfare, is dropped from TV after two weeks, and about a month and a half later, his tag partner and one of his closest friends leaves the company. A few weeks later, it looks like Sabin may have seriously injured his other knee in a pointless match where he was random challenger #2. What an awful year for him. None of that was due to him getting hurt due to being sloppy, stupid or reckless, or sitting out because he was being punished for doing something stupid backstage or being a public embarrassment either. It was just a bunch of terrible luck. I really hope it isn't serious, but it doesn't look good.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Knees are a weird thing. If anyone follows sports you would know Derrick Rose is out for a full year and maybe longer with his knee injury.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Really sucks if he's hurt, especially on top of Shelley leaving. Tag division could really use the Guns right now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am sure Velver to make sure management will renew or pay for his medical to keep Velvet happy, since she is their cash cow/top merchadise seller/top KO in the company, so this not the last time you will see him. He can sit out until he heals again, if ever, if not, I am sure she will make sure they iwll find a position for him somewhere.

BTW, we can now rest the rumor he will go to WWE as he is too injury prone, and cannot ever survive WWE schedule to be of anything there.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Two Things:

- A knee injury on a high flyer is a death sentence, sabin needs to adapt his style or he might end his career soon.

- He might be leaving TNA to NJPW with shelley, from his facials expressions you can see he's not very motivated.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
I am sure Velver to make sure management will renew or pay for his medical to keep Velvet happy, since she is their cash cow/top merchadise seller/top KO in the company, so this not the last time you will see him. He can sit out until he heals again, if ever, if not, I am sure she will make sure they iwll find a position for him somewhere.

BTW, we can now rest the rumor he will go to WWE as he is too injury prone, and cannot ever survive WWE schedule to be of anything there.
Why would TNA re-sign an injured Sabin just to keep Velvet happy after doing it once before he got injured again? Didn't look happy before the match and looked devastated afterwards. Hope things turn out for the best but it doesn't look good.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Who besides TNA is really going to hire him though? I mean depending on how bad it is he can be out for a full year, what they going to do hire him as a bell ringer?

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
The problem with knees is, once you badly injure them once, you are almost guaranteed to do it again in the future.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if we will ever see the old Sabin back.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I thought two things when I saw it:

1. He's legitimately injured and damn that sucks, because he just came back. Look how awkward the match became after he got hurt. It seemed like Aries and Zema had a spot planned in the corner, but didn't know how to go about doing it without Sabin, so they had to quickly finish the match.

2. It's a work, and a way to write him off television since there are rumors his contract ends in a month and he doesn't want to renew.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
This was the last time you watch him in TNA , His contract is over on August 1
Not 100% sure here but I think he may owe them any time he sits out due to injury thus that would mean when he does return he would still have 2 months to fulfill.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Dixie Carter ‏@TNADixie

Chris Sabin tore his ACL in last night's Ultimate X match on Impact. He's obviously frustrated but determined to come back ASAP.
Well fuck, Sabin's got no luck.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Re: Sabin tears ACL.

Poor Sabin just can't catch a break

1 - 20 of 52 Posts