Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: PWInsider
By Mike Johnson on 2010-10-31 12:27:14

"I was extremely pleased to see the concussion storyline as it was executed on TNA. I think it was a positive portrayal of the issue, and it was great to see Matt Morgan treated as the babyface for his concern about the consequences of returning to the ring so soon after a concussion. Matt Morgan has been an energetic support of the Sports Legacy Institute and this issue, and I was proud to see him able to reach millions with this message.

However, I must note that I'm not happy the storyline was generated by a chair shot to the back the head of Ken Anderson, another SLI supporter, but I was told it was not scripted that way.

I hope TNA notes the cause and effect of that hit and puts more in place (training, fines, etc.) to prevent future use of the chair in that manner and keep top talents in the ring."

__

I personally really like this storyline - its very realistic and I hope we see more of these type of things.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Re: CHRIS NOWINSKI COMMENTS ON TNA'S CONCUSSION BASED STORYLINE

Chris must did not see Reaction and how Bischoff act like it just a little headache and the type injuries Hulk Hogan suffer is far worse.

TNA can't really go far with this angle. What Matt Morgan going to do, run down and stop everybody from doing head shots? He himself did multiple elbows to the head of Jeff Jarrett last week.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts

He himself did multiple elbows to the head of Jeff Jarrett last week.
Exactly. So hitting someone in the head with a chair or a guitar or whatever isn't cool... but kicking and elbowing them in the head is fine and dandy, right?

Fucking stupid angle.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
If somebody has a Concussion they should be given time off. But it should be noted that half the people from Flair's day. Are waiting outside the Impact zone with there boots on. Waiting to take Morgans job. At 65 years old after 200,000 legit Pile drivers.
Piledrivers break the neck.

Plus, it should be noted that Ric Flair is God and has survived getting struck by lightening and a plane crash. He da man.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
If somebody has a Concussion they should be given time off. But it should be noted that half the people from Flair's day. Are waiting outside the Impact zone with there boots on. Waiting to take Morgans job. At 65 years old after 200,000 legit Pile drivers.
Ummm, not many people would survive 200,000 "legit" piledrivers. Hell, not many people would survive 200,000 worked ones.

And most of the people from Flair's day are either retired or dead. Hyperbole fail.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
It's a simple angle that, if played convincingly, would come across as really smart and worth working to a conclusive resolution.

Unfortunately, I don't think TNA was prepared to handle it that way. It's like everything was set up as a spastic reaction, without really planning many of the steps along the way beforehand.

It's understandable. TNA is booking on the fly with this angle, since Anderson was expected to go ahead and face Jeff Hardy at Turning Point. Even so, they're mishandling a few of the issues.

In any case, it still works to an extent. For a short-term angle, it's fine. I don't see a major problem with it. Morgan works in this role, and at least he turned babyface for a worthwhile cause. It's nothing outlandish. There were no big swerves or plotholes involved.

It's just a simple angle with its roots in reality. One guy receives a concussion. He's forced to compete. Because of the serious nature of the injury, Morgan takes exception and fights back. Nothing wrong with that.

Why are so many people complaining again..?

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
People are complaining because it came out of nowhere, and it's from a guy who one week eariler did a 5-on-1 beatdown on the guy he's trying to protect, and the guy also had a broken arm and hurt leg. Seems stupid to have Morgan be upset that Immortal is trying to take Anderson out when last week they tried to take Anerson out.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Disagree with Nowinski's comments. Chair shots can go wrong, it happens. Don't fucking complain about it if you're trying to provide a more edgier product than your competition.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
It was a rather bizarre storyline wasn't it, not surprising that Nowinski's piped up about it,I bet he's lovin' it.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
"Why are so much people complaining?" you ask.

Well first off Matt Morgan pulled a face turn out of his ass for no reason other than to.

I'm like why da fuck is Morgan face when just last week he was helping 4 other guys beat the shit out of Pope? That and he's a member of Fortune. Fortune who last time I checked is part of "they". "They"= Hogan, Bischoff, Abyss, Jarrett, Hardy Fortune. So why is Bischoff and Morgan hating on each other if they're part of the same team? Which brings me back to my first point. Why is Morgan all of a sudden a face despite belonging to the biggest heel stable in the company?

I need an Advil.

Seriously, like everything TNA does it just doesn't make one ounce of sense.

Disagree with Nowinski's comments. Chair shots can go wrong, it happens. Don't fucking complain about it if you're trying to provide a more edgier product than your competition.
At a boy TNA mark! You certainly know how to defend your company well.

·
Registered
990 Posts

Exactly. So hitting someone in the head with a chair or a guitar or whatever isn't cool... but kicking and elbowing them in the head is fine and dandy, right?

Fucking stupid angle.
The problem wasn't the use of a chair, it was making someone compete with a concussion. And in the context kicking and elbowing someone in the head wasn't considered alright either because the issue was whether or not Anderson should fight with a concussion not take another chair shot. And anyway, apart from children everyone know's wrestlers are performers. Its a good idea to highlight the fact the weapon shots these wrestlers take can lead to serious head injuries. Having said that, it did seem a bit rushed with the Morgan turn. Its such a good storyline that can help improve awareness so it was a bit of a shame to see it wasted on a random turn.

Another issue which they could bring up could be to do with the use of steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. If TNA's wants to target an older audience they should go with more storylines of this sort. I'm not saying all storylines should have an underlying message but its definitely something fresh to see in wrestling and it adds an element of maturity to the situation.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts

The problem wasn't the use of a chair, it was making someone compete with a concussion. And in the context kicking and elbowing someone in the head wasn't considered alright either because the issue was whether or not Anderson should fight with a concussion not take another chair shot. And anyway, apart from children everyone know's wrestlers are performers. Its a good idea to highlight the fact the weapon shots these wrestlers take can lead to serious head injuries. Having said that, it did seem a bit rushed with the Morgan turn. Its such a good storyline that can help improve awareness so it was a bit of a shame to see it wasted on a random turn.

Another issue which they could bring up could be to do with the use of steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. If TNA's wants to target an older audience they should go with more storylines of this sort. I'm not saying all storylines should have an underlying message but its definitely something fresh to see in wrestling and it adds an element of maturity to the situation.
Might as well dedicate the first half our showing the TNA stars breaking falls.

It's just bad for business. Why must TNA do everything bad for the business. Could they stop exposing every damn thing. Your idea sucks as well. Talk bout 'roids? Are you kidding me? I cna't explain why but it should just be understand it's bad for the business.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts