Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commenting on his recent release from WWE during an interview with Wrestling101 com, Chris Masters says he didn’t receive the opportunity he feels he deserved.

“We didn’t part on bad terms, for me personally this time was very different from the first time I was released. I do feel like I worked my ass off and they should’ve at least given me another shot,” Masters said.

“The Masterpiece” also wonders why WWE opted to keep certain talents employed over him.

“I look at other guys on the roster and I don’t mean to mention names but people like JTG and a handful of other guys and you think, “your going to keep this guy but your going to get rid of me?”

Hmm...

Well Atleast JTG wasnt Roided up.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Chris Masters has a point why the hell is JTG still employed??? he isnt even used. Chris Masters had so much potential and WWE just kicked him to the curb
Unfortunately, JTG is used more than Masters was at the end. JTG at least makes it onto NXT most of the time and jobs out on Superstars once in a while.
Masters got to do very little.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Chris Masters is spot on. If I was fired after woking my ass off and people like JTG and Otunga still had a job I'd be pissed off

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
Unfortunately, JTG is used more than Masters was at the end. JTG at least makes it onto NXT most of the time and jobs out on Superstars once in a while.
Masters got to do very little.
That isn't quite true. Masters was breaking his ass off on Superstars and NXT for about 18 months, and frequently getting wins.

He was the company's most improved wrestler and the feud with Drew McIntyre should have been further developed. The Masterpiece would make a great and very credible midcard champ.

Masters should not have been released.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Maybe because JTG was given a gimmick that is unique to the roster. (a hoodlem) It's something they could work with that's different from say, another roided up, untalented in ring guy. Sorry Masters, but Mason Ryan is basically the same and took your place in the low-mid card.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
He has got a point, but Masters better not go on a whining session. He's a great wrestler. He should try and find work elsewhere.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Masters will be fine. I would assume he would be a great talent for Japanese wrestling tours. Give him two years there and see if he can come back. I'm sure the doors are open for him.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
i think they just forgot about him

you know, like funaki for a while

Funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did forget the guy was on the pay roll and then just released him when they realized it. Probably not what happened of course, but I would believe it if it ever came out that that's what happened.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Well, they both have relatively the same drawing power and popularity so (not to accuse anyone) but I guess they kept the guy who they think is gonna give them less headaches

1 - 20 of 67 Posts