Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@IAmJericho(Jericho's twitter) said:
Ok guess I'm the only "old school pro wrestler" to say it...screw UFC fighters. U could NEVER do what me and my brothers do #bringitbitches
Thoughts?

Seems random. Interesting he specifically says "UFC" as opposed to MMA fighters. Of course he's a wrestler and it's early Wrestlemania season, so I can't help but wonder if this is to blossom into some sort of angle.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Yeah I saw that too.
Just kind of lol'd

Thing is , I'm sure most pro fighters could lean to take bumps , and with help or classes or w/e give a decent promo.
I mean , if you can real fight , surely you can learn to fake fight.
but
Most pro wrestlers couldn't last a round in the octagon
I'd like to see Jericho strap gloves on and stare across the ring at Anderson Silva

·
A Lord of Cinder
1,413 Posts
Can UFC fighters fake fight? Maybe, with training. Can they take the bumps? Sure they can. Can they take them 300 days a year? Probably not.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Can UFC fighters fake fight? Maybe, with training. Can they take the bumps? Sure they can. Can they take them 300 days a year? Probably not.
I really think this is what Jericho was getting at, yeah those guys can fight a few months a year but can they really take the beating that a wrestler does in a year, I don't think so

·
Registered
919 Posts
This. Even Brock said working in WWE was more strenuous than UFC.

Reactions: Bob Lincoln

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Why would you just assume they couldn't because they don't

I bet a lot could. They have 2-3 month long camps. It's not like they show up on fight night and thats the only night they work.
They are getting hit year round.

Would they rather fight 2-5 times a year and train near home or travel 300 days a year is question.

This. Even Brock said working in WWE was more strenuous than UFC.
Wonder if Brock's opinion changed after Cain gashed his face open

·
Registered
349 Posts
They are getting hit year round.
They better not be, or Dana White would punk their asses for endangering the product. You honestly think they're getting into real MMA fights every week?

MMA fighters specifically avoid the kind of constant strain that Pro Wrestlers go through because it would jeopardize their careers.

Ohnoz, a one time beat-down that won't be felt after a week is so terrifying.

Barring a serious injury, a single MMA fight is not going to fuck your body up that badly, and certainly not permanently. Continuous, heavy strain for a straight year? That's going to be felt for a long time.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Yeah I saw that too.
Just kind of lol'd

Thing is , I'm sure most pro fighters could lean to take bumps , and with help or classes or w/e give a decent promo.
but
I'd like to see Jericho strap gloves on and stare across the ring at Anderson Silva
Doesn't matter who you are when you're standing across from him, gonna get your face kicked in.

·
Registered
14,664 Posts
Brock admitted he suffered through 2 years of a strenuous WWE schedule and that it was like a blur to him. So yes, I would say it is much harder to be a main eventer in the WWE than a top name in the UFC.

I'd wager Brock's injury after botching the SSP was far worse.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
People seem to be forgetting that the toll it takes on the superstars mentally because traveling and wrestling 300days a year is sometimes just as bad as the physical toll it takes on the body

·
Registered
590 Posts
They better not be, or Dana White would punk their asses for endangering the product. You honestly think they're getting into real MMA fights every week?
You do know it's like sparring EVERY DAY for like 6 weeks before a fight? Along with a run in the morning (Most do about 5 miles), then breakfast, followed by weight/power, followed by sparring or grappling, then a rest, then more cardio stuff. They do that every day. Oh and diet is alot more hardcore. You have to build weight, then lose it, then put it back on. Some guys like Anderson Silva go from 205lb (Lightheavy) to 185lb (Middleweight). So thats 20lb's and when you are just muscle, thats hard work.
If I wanted to fight, I'd have to go from 155lbs (Lightweight) to 145lbs (Featherweight) or even 135lb (Bantamweight).

Aswell, WWE guys live alot "unhealthier" lifestyles, some smoke, some drink. Where as, a full time MMA fighter will only drink when they don't have a fight coming up and smoking is out of the question completely.

PS. Normally when sparring you don't wanna go full throttle. You still need training partners, if you injure them all, who can you train with?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Yeah I saw that too.
Just kind of lol'd

but
guesse your the only wrestling fan on the planet that didnt hear about jericho taking down goldberg like 3 times or something?

guy is a tough son of a bitch!

he also took one in the eye from mike tyson, just for raw. sure it wasnt full power but he was still walking around with a shiner afterwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To be fair Jericho is saying MMA fighters can't do what he does which is correct but at the same time he can't do what MMA fighters can do either. There's nothing incorrect in what he said, he just said it negatively so people are going to defend or rally behind him. Regardless he seems like he was just trolling.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts