Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your verdict on it compared to his entire career? I think he has done some of the best work of his career in terms of promos and feuds in this period.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
2008 is his best year overall.His work in feud with HBK in that year was AMAZING.After 2008 he had been floating around until this year.He was giving match of the night on every single show in 2013.

·
From parts unknown
23,262 Posts
He's what I would call a legacy wrestler now who's at that level where he can work any program to success. There's never been a shortage of moments with him and it seems that that's most of what he represents. I foresee a Ric Flair type role for him

There's so much history and amazing moments to remember about Jericho that he's still must see regardless of the program he's involved in. His recent work with Heyman was memorable. Wasn't he the one who coined him as walrus?

Though, the only bad decision I think he's been involved in is participating in a program that essentially buried Ryback. Probably not something he wanted to do but people will remember Cryback a lot more than they will remember Jericho being beaten by Ryback.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
08 Jericho is GOAT Jericho.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Honest man is his best work. Great heel. His 2008 WHC run is the best ever.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm biased. I grew up watching him wrestle in WCW then in WWF and I think his best in ring work was back then. Same with promos and feuds honestly. Not saying his latest run was bad just I preferred the earlier one.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
For me, he did his best work during this period (his feuds against HBK & Mysterio are certified classics).

·
Registered
915 Posts
He should have been given the World Title for a longer period during his Honest Man Gimmick. He should have held it till WM 25 in my opinion. He would have been an amazing heel champion that people would love to see get dethroned

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,320 Posts
I've loved Jericho since he came to WWF(never watch WCW), always fresh and exciting. However the last couple of years have been pretty bad. Hebecame a big jobber, but then leaves for a period of time, only to come back and job again. His credibility is fucked at this point.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It defined his career. He was always excellent in all aspects of wrestling, but his run from 07-09 made people take notice of how good he actually is. To completely transform his character from the obnoxious rock star to the cold, calculated smartass showed his versatility as a performer and wrestler.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Read Only
1,147 Posts
Good heel work, but the face stuff seemed a bit forced and at times he seemed like he was too old to be that crazy Jericho from the late 90's early 00's.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
His feud with Stephanie and Hunter was awesome. I marked the fuck out whenever he called her a trash bag ho.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
A lot will disagree, I felt Jericho's best work and the highlight of his career was in WCW. He was able to incorporate humor then but still look incredibly strong, a lot of his sketches were just experimental stuff but came off as awesome too watch, just my opinion but in the WWE it always felt a little off, like he was a really strong mid carder but never *the* guy, even when he won both titles, it didn't really seem like he was a true champ. Possibly because he did the comedic side of things a little too much.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I didn't watch wrestling from 2009 to 2011 so I can't comment on those years but 08 was his best year, specifically during the feud with HBK. He sort of floated around in the midcard in early 08 but once he got involved in the HBK/Batista feud which gradually transitioned into Jericho/HBK and led to his heel turn, he was pretty fucking great in the "Honest Man" gimmick. Some of the best promo work of his career and arguably the best feud of his career.

I didn't really like his 2012 run until the last two months or so where he turned face and feuded with Dolph. The Punk feud had a pretty fucking great initial promo where it simply about the BITW tag line but once Punk and whatever's left of his family got involved, it went down the shitter. Matches were good but the overall feud was a letdown. His 2013 is pretty forgettable besides his RR return which was great and of course, laying on his back for everyone on the roster in typical Chris Jeriho fashion. That RAW match with Punk was pretty great too.

So yeah, 08 is great, can't speak on 09-11, 12 and 13 is pretty mediocre especially for his standards.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
It was truly outstanding what he did with this run. He took on a completely different type of gimmick, going from the typical smartass/comedy routine guy to becoming a completely serious, little to no emotion heel and he pulled it off perfectly. That is why I consider him to be a top 5 all time mic worker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts