Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Maybe Jericho won't be on the Mount Rushmore of pro wrestlers, maybe he won't be considered at the very top elite. But he is one of the most entertaining wrestlers ever, I don't think there is any question about that.

·
Registered
12,600 Posts
Top ten for me personally.

Objectively, and without putting to much thought into it, I'd say he's probably cracked the top fifty.

He's not in the Austin, Hogan, Georgous George, Lou Thesz tier but I do think he's in the Macho Man, Foley, Steamboat tier.

·
Registered
21,526 Posts
That tier under the Mount Rushmore. Wherever you'd put the Takers, HBK, Stings, HHH, and Bret's of the world he's right there at the table.

·
Registered
221 Posts
He is a tier below the likes of Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels and the reason is he doesn't have the tag team legacy that these two have.

And before you say, wait he is a 7 time tag team champion. How many reigns were memorable? 5 of those reigns were with completely different partners.

To truely be great, he should finish his career with a memorable tag team run with Sammy Guevera. If he can be on top of the company with the best tag teams competition, it will push his legacy up on the same tier as Hart and Michaels.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
He is a tier below the likes of Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels and the reason is he doesn't have the tag team legacy that these two have.

And before you say, wait he is a 7 time tag team champion. How many reigns were memorable? 5 of those reigns were with completely different partners.

To truely be great, he should finish his career with a memorable tag team run with Sammy Guevera. If he can be on top of the company with the best tag teams competition, it will push his legacy up on the same tier as Hart and Michaels.
I would say Jeri-Show is highly regarded. Jericho had it tougher as well because tag team wrestling didn't mean shit post 2001 in Vince's mind. You can't compare Jericho's era of tag wrestling with Bret and Shawn.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Depends who you ask - people will get their panties in a tizzy, but of you ask an 18 yr old, they’ve never experienced SCSA, Hogan, Rock in their heyday really

even moreso a 14 year old

while they would have seen a lot of Jericho on top. But in that same periods you would have Cena, Bryan and Punk

so.... it is a general question that has a subjective answer.

objectively - when you take (x) years worked (x) in the main event (x) history making movements in the industry like Japan (which impacted them heavily) or Rock n Roll rager or AEW

you’ll have to admit, he’s right up there.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Jericho is a great talent. He's provided a lot of memories. He was never objectively anywhere near the best, but he's a lot of people's favorite, and that's legacy enough. AEW will be a footnote.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts