Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good match with everything you'd want from Jericho, lying on the turnbuckle again, a few big Y2J chants (and Lawler saying stupid stuff like 'well, he's still got some support!') and Jericho sitting on a chair in the ring and looking at his nails when the match got stopped cos Yoshi had an injury. He actually made Yoshi look good too, not an easy task! Classic Jericho.

This is the great thing about Jericho, he is the ONLY person in the WWE that can be winning a belt one night, having an epic steel cage match the next, and wrestling bloody Yoshi Tatsu the next night on Superstars and no one blinks an eyelid. Chris Jericho is STILL the best in the world at what he does!

One more thing, Yoshi tapped out to the Walls! When did this last happen? :lmao

·
Registered
183 Posts
Kofi Kingston on RAW in early 09 believe it or not.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Kofi Kingston on RAW in early 09 believe it or not.
Nah, JTG tapped out to the Walls of Jericho in late 2009, and I'm pretty sure that Jericho made Danielson tap on the premiere episode of NXT. Although, it might have been a Liontamer.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
'Twas a fine match, alright. I really prefer it when Jericho works with people smaller or the same size as him. Frees him up to use a lot of his old moveset. Not that he hasn't put on classics in the "WWE style" or whatever, but seeing him work with Bourne recently, and now Tatsu, reminded me of how awesome a cruiserweight Jericho was.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
A better question is why the fuck is Jericho on Superstars?
Does it matter? Big names used to appear on shows like Heat back in the day too.

It actually makes the show more watchable anyway with someone like Jericho on it.

I'll make sure I check out Superstars tomorrow.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
The match was a blast. Superstars was pretty terrific this week: Chavo beat JTG clean (!!!!!!), they had one of the best squash matches I've seen in a long time featuring The Gatecrashers and the Jericho/Tatsu match was great to watch as the Superstars main event.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
A better question is why the fuck is Jericho on Superstars?
A better question, why the fuck does everyone assume Superstars is for jobbers? A while ago they had a quality match with an upper card every show. World Champs used to Wrestle on Superstars every once in a while. I'd prefer it'd go back to what it was a year ago where not everyone on the show was a jobber. This show was a good example with Jericho main eventing of what it should be.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've been pissed off with Superstars since it changed from what it was made to be. It was made to be a show where we could see 'dream' matches where people from any show could wrestle. Its not that, it split into two shows in an hour and its annoying.

Thursday's episode, however was pretty entertaining. I wouldn't say Jerichos match was a classic - but it was a good TV match, and a lot better than what we usually get on Superstars.

Also - The Hart Dynasty need to start using the 'We can be on any show' clause in their belts. Hawkins and Archer deserve at least a bit of a fued with them.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
i thought the match was terrible and yoshi has had atleast 5 matches better on superstars alone this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts