Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Chris Jericho has been suspended for 30 days due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on May 24. WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident.
Link - http://www.wwe.com/inside/jericho-brazil

At a WWE Live Event in at São Paulo, Brazil, on Thursday evening, Chris Jericho reportedly denigrated the Brazilian flag during a match against WWE Champion CM Punk. Suspended for 30 days, Jericho responded to the incident in his own words.

“I made a bad judgment call in the course of entertaining [WWE] fans in Brazil,” Jericho told WWE.com. “I apologized to the people in the crowd for showing disrespect.”

During Jericho’s match with the WWE Champion at São Paulo’s Ginásio do Ibirapuera, the flag found its way into the ring, where Jericho crumpled it up and then kicked it.

Local law enforcement stopped the bout and gave Jericho the opportunity to apologize to those in attendance or face incarceration. The former World Champion expressed his regret to the crowd and the WWE Live Event continued.

Due to his actions, WWE officials suspended Jericho for 30 days.

“It was a bad move,” Jericho said. “I did it with [our] fans’ entertainment in mind and I’ll accept the consequences for that.”

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Re: Jericho in Trouble in Brazil

Holy shit. :lmao Jericho GOAT.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

@IAmJericho

Just for the record I love Brazil and wish we could've spent more time here. Beautiful country!

So sounds like something did happen. Don't people realize that this is a tv show(house show in this case)....how can they really get that mad over this? Though reminds me of when JBL got abit in trouble for what he did in Germany.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts

lol.. That's fantastic.. GO JERICHO GO!

·
Banned
370 Posts

The same people laughing at this, condemned JBL for doing the Nazi Salute in Germany I'm sure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
WWE.com Report: Chris Jericho Suspended

Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on May 24. WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident.

is this mean that he will leave WWE

http://www.wwe.com/inside/jericho-brazil

·
Banned
852 Posts

The same people laughing at this, condemned JBL for doing the Nazi Salute in Germany I'm sure.
The history with Nazis is well documented, I've never specifically heard not to stomp on the Brazilian flag. Doing a nazi salute in Germany is like going out in blackface at a house show in Compton. Stomping on ANY flag is never a good idea, but I really doubt Jericho knew how inappropriate he was being, whereas performing a nazi salute in Germany is dictated by common sense to be a very bad idea.

Reactions: Brisbayne

·
Banned
1,928 Posts

The Nazi salute is illegal in Germany. There's a large difference between being asshole and being retarded and ignorant enough to break the law while offending an entire nation.

1 - 20 of 488 Posts