Wrestling Forum banner

Chris Jericho Says That HBK Is Best Ever

11838 Views 129 Replies 78 Participants Last post by  Evo
BEST EVER ... HBK
"There's nobody that has ever been in the business that deserves to be in the Hall of Fame more than Shawn Michaels. That includes Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin or anybody else.

"Shawn is the epitome of what the Hall of Fame is because to me he is the best performer of all time. He is not even close to anybody else.

"You can debate it with me until the cows come home — you can say all you want. You can give me all the facts and figures, it's not going to change my mind.

"I'm so excited that he is in the Hall of Fame, but it's essential that he be in there. If he wasn't it would be a waste of time."

Jericho is currently embarking on a major tour to promote the release of his second autobiography, Undisputed, a follow-up to his best-selling effort A Lion's Tale.

Packed with the same energy and verve as his first effort, Jericho takes you through his first stint in WWE from 1999-2005 in captivating detail, as well as detailing the progression of his band Fozzy from unknowns to them touring the world.

The voice of the author is prevalent throughout, and much like in his roles in wrestling, he can make you laugh and cry in equal measures. Jericho is without doubt one of wrestling's finest storytellers, in and out of the ring.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

· Registered
1,218 Posts
What does Fozzy have to do with Shawn Michaels??

He has his opinion and you have yours. Pretty petty to disagree with an opinion...

· Registered
1,507 Posts
This may not mean much coming from a HBK mark but I agree with Jericho. In my opinion, from a performance stand point, Shawn is the best. You can put him in any kind of match against any competitor and he'll steal the show. Every Wrestlemania he's competed in, he's arguably had the best match on the card and in more recent years has saved the big event from sucking. If you take out HBK/Taker from Wrestlemania's 25 & 26 what are you left with? An average show at best.

How can you say a guy who outperforms everyone on the biggest stages is not to be considered as the best ever?

· Banned
2,677 Posts
This may not mean much coming from a HBK mark but I agree with Jericho. In my opinion, from a performance stand point, Shawn is the best. You can put him in any kind of match against any competitor and he'll steal the show. Every Wrestlemania he's competed in, he's arguably had the best match on the card and in more recent years has saved the big event from sucking. If you take out HBK/Taker from Wrestlemania's 25 & 26 what are you left with? An average show at best.

How can you say a guy who outperforms everyone on the biggest stages is not to be considered as the best ever?
People always say this and it's far from being true.

He stunk up the ring with Batista, JBL and a host of other superstars. He's far from being an Eddie Guerrero in that ring or a Chris Benoit.

You know what makes a show stealing performance? When you're given the time to do it and the spots to do it. On any given PPV, WWE gives certain matches the tools to do this. By doing this, they don't allow other matches to use similar spots or may have to detract the time given to them. There is absolutely no other superstar since 2000 that has been given that kind of time and ability like Shawn other than Triple H. And while Shawn has certainly outperformed Triple H in that regard, let's not make him out to be something he's not.

There are far better in-ring talents than Shawn Michaels, and if they were given the same kind of tools he has been on several occasions (20+ minute match-ups, table spots, blading and so forth), they likely would have outperformed him.

Your true talent shows when those tools are taken away from you and you're asked to go out there and perform a great 10 minute match-up. Something Shawn has never, ever done or been capable of. It's hardly an accomplishment in that regard. It's half booking, and half Shawn delivering on the opportunities afforded him. While he's a great performer, too many people overrate his ability.

In the last six years, both John Cena and Undertaker have outperformed Shawn Michaels several times and overall, have much better matches on their resume for that time-period. You don't see people taking note of that however. Shows the WWE hype machine really works.

· Ho!
20,568 Posts
So Jericho thinks HBK is the best ever... and that proves what exactly? That Jericho thinks HBK is the best ever? Okay. That's great.

I agree with Caped Crusader's post. While HBK is a great performer, his abilities do get overrated. I mean, when I see people claiming his match with McMahon was the best match at WM22, I know there is something wrong.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Lets see whos opinion should I actually care about:

a wrestler who's been world champion multiple times in the biggest wrestling company and actually wrestled with the man himself

or

some mark on a wrestling forum who's never stepped foot in a wrestling ring

I agree with Jericho.

Reactions: Whooper

· My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,139 Posts
Lets see whos opinion should I actually care about:

a wrestler who's been world champion multiple times in the biggest wrestling company and actually wrestled with the man himself

or

some mark on a wrestling forum who's never stepped foot in a wrestling ring

I agree with Jericho.
Or you could form your own opinion without fallaciously appealing to authority.

HBK is amongst MY all time favorites because I've enjoyed his work more than 99% of other sports entertainers.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Or you could form your own opinion without fallaciously appealing to authority.

HBK is amongst MY all time favorites because I've enjoyed his work more than 99% of other sports entertainers.
even if jericho didn't think so i still would think hbk is the best. just so happens we both have the same opinion.

· Registered
1,931 Posts
I hate Michaels. I think he makes wrestling look insanely unrealistic with his retarded selling and I think he's a self-centered prick along with his buddy Hunter..
It's too bad your avatar was inspired greatly by HBK. Probably wouldn't be a Y2J if it were not for HBK...

Reactions: Medo
1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.