Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Jericho joined Busted Open with Dave Lagreca and Larry Dallas yesterday and gave some interesting information on his recent run with the WWE:

Chris Jericho says that he was originally supposed to win the Universal Title at WM 33 and then drop it to Brock Lesnar at Payback, says he pitched a match at WM 33 against Shinsuke Nakamura, and also commented on his relationship with Kevin Owens.

Chris Jericho gives his thoughts on the Cruiserweight division, says there’s not much difference between their stars and the other main roster stars, offers ways to fix the division including adding Enzo Amore to the division to feud with Neville. Also comments on working with the newer talent on this last run like Dean Ambrose.
You can listen to it here:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...estlemania-33-comments-cruiserweight-division

·
Is a Becky Lynch Guy
2,098 Posts
The reactions to this are gonna be good.

Reactions: Red Hair

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Damn. I wish that had actually happened. He'd be the only current legend to be the first ever Undisputed and Universal champion of all time and for the foreseeable future. As old as Jericho is he still looks passable and wrestles good enough for me. I can't stand his hair, but everything else is still great.

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
Considering how Jericho, as both a face and a heel, has been the most consistently entertaining act on the entire roster for the last year, I would've definitely been on board with him winning the Universal Title.

If they put him on RAW upon his return, hopefully they pull that trigger. If that doesn't happen, then I'd rather see him finally win his 10th IC Title reign, or win his second WWE Title if he remains on SD.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Lesnar working Payback? Not buying it.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Would have been cool.

But Goldberg vs Brock was an amazing match with a mega hot crowd. Wouldn't feel out of place in a Dragon Ball Z episode.

·
Registered
12,583 Posts
Jericho should be in creative when he retires. Hell, give him the book at NXT and have him do the Dusty role of also working with all the talent on interviews and connecting with the audience.

Enzo in the CW division is interesting. Not sure it would work though as Enzo's gimmick is being the scrappy runt who runs his mouth and doesn't know how small he is but doesn't care. But Jericho is absolutely right on both why the CW division isn't working - both because the HW's work the CW style now and because there is no over face. Aries is not a face - he's the smarmy smart ass heel. I liked Perkins coming out of the CWC, but fans wanted Ibushi or ZSJ and he was obviously the fall back winner.

I think what the division needs is some cross over competitors. Have some top guys who are also CW's work the CW division while also working the upper card and main events. Don't make it a second class division. Have one half of the Raw or SD tag champs also be the CW Champion for example. Having him carry around both belts would be a neat visual as well, and show that the CW division - at least the top guys in it can be competitive at the main card main event levels.

Finn Balor could be the face character that the division needs. But he's not going to be relegated there, nor would he likely accept it. But if you have him both pushed on the MR in a top feud, while also working in the CW division it could work. Or have Chad Gable work as a singles guy in the CW division while American Alpha also holds the SDL tag titles. Hell give somebody three belts - IC/US along with one half of tag titles and the CW title.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Reactions: egnuldt

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
not hating goldberg, I actually loved the lesnar, goldberg match at mania......but it didnt really need the title, the story was already mapped out the title didnt really add anything more to what was going on, thats all I will say, it felt unnecessary and the title wouldve been apart of a story that couldve done more with it.

goldberg having the title felt more like wwe had to stick that in goldbergs contract as part of the agreement and thus the title had to go over to that story.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Incoming Goldberg hate in 3..2..1..
And rightfully so. Fuck him. This easily adds more fuel to the flame.

Trashes 50 year old Goldberg.
Wants 47 year old Chris Jericho.

Ooops, just took a look at username ... Nevermind.

Why would Lesnar not work Payback, but then "Great Balls Of Fire"?
You can't even compare Jericho and Oldberg. The latter can't work a match nor take a decent amount of bumps while the other is still wrestling like he's in his prime.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts