Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking to Fighting Spirit Magazine, Chris Jericho says his number one priority is Fozzy.

"When I was a kid I had two dreams, I wanted to be in a rock 'n' roll band and I wanted to be a wrestler, and I’m very fortunate that I got to do both at the highest level. At this point in time, 100 percent of my focus is on the band, and the mass of momentum that we’ve got over the last couple of years from touring and playing, and the reputation we’ve earned. I wanted to make the most of it, and take Fozzy to the next level," he said.

“I’ve done everything I could possibly do in wrestling. It’s been great, but now Fozzy is kind of growing to be at the level where I am in wrestling, and Fozzy is what I wanna do. Wrestling will always be there, and if I decide to go back, it’s great. But after all these years of hard work with the band, to get some of this momentum behind us is a very rare thing."
All he was doing as a wrestler was jobbing anyway.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
More power to him. I like to see these wrestlers tackle their other dreams. Whether its movies like Rock, or music like Jericho. They do not have to stay in this business until they die and they are not "sellouts" for doing so either. Good stuff to see though.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
That's great that he's found happiness out of the ring. Who cares if you think his music sucks? He's happy doing it and I say more power to him.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Good for him. I never had a problem with Rock or Jericho for persuing other dreams.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm a big Chris Jericho fan, but I can't be mad at him for saying that music is his number one priority now. He's right when he says that he's done pretty much all that he can possibly do in wrestling. He wanted to be a pro wrestler, he achieved that dream and was very successful. Now he wants to pursue another dream and be successful in that. I see no problem with that. Good for him. I'm thrilled to see his hard work paying off and very glad to see him earning success in another field.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
He HAS accomplished pretty much everything. And its great that he has something else to do with himself because I'd hate for Jericho to be that 50 year old you see at conventions and indie shows trying to make a quick buck because they don't know anything else. I hate seeing that happen to anyone. If he wants to focus on music, more power to him.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Fozzy was Jericho's #1 priority during at least the latter part of his last run with the company. He's only been saying this for three or four years now. More power to him. He seems to be rather popular with other people in that industry, as well.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Sounds like he's tired of being jobbed out on the highest level. They should have him come back for a short U.S. run, beat Santino in a heelish manner, hey, it may even help legitimize santino and get him over better after a feud with Jericho

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Good for him. He wrestles in his free time or in between albums/tours and such. Most people would be lucky to achieve one dream, he tackled two...that's damn good.

I doubt his standing in the company is the reason he feels like this. The WWE actually appreciates Jericho's talent(s) and its the best place for him to showcase them. Jericho doesn't mind jobbing one bit, if he did he wouldn't be doing it. He has a good degree of freedom these days when it comes to his character I bet

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
There's nothing more he can do in wrestling. He should take a few years off again and focus only on his band.

·
Leader of #TeamBAE
1,560 Posts
When I was younger my two favorite guys to watch were Rocky and Jericho. When they feuded in late 2001 I was so amazed, it was the greatest thing ever. Much like I respect The Rock's accomplishments to do what he wants and how he moved onto bigger and better things, I'm in the same ballpark with Jericho. Fozzy isn't big in the U.S., but they are HUGE in Europe, like pretty big. I watched his documentary on Netflix one day and he honestly speaks from the heart. It took him 10+ years of hard work to make it as a wrestler and he's the IWC's biggest darling of ALL time. Same thing with Fozzy, same thing with Rock of Jericho.

Jericho will be back often, wrestling is who he is and it was his 1A love in life, now he's moved on to 1B and I'm perfectly fine with that.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
"more power to him"

LMFAO.. as a Rock i find this funny.. Jericho has done EVERYTHING to get the hell out of wrestling ATTEMPT AFTER FAILED ATTEMPT trying his best to become famous, NOBODY has slapped their fans in the face more times then Jericho..

good fucken riddance u over hyped nobody, i'll say it again:

Jericho forgot how to Wrestle after WCW

1 - 20 of 122 Posts